ad: CQMM-1

Retevis RT91 easily to amplify your radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Retevis RT91 is a portable, lightweight, wide coverage RF power amplifier for handheld radio equipment and is equally capable of amplifying both analog and digital signals.

Hope you like the review.

KN4RUF, KA2CNN, VK3GOR and 4 others like this.
  2. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WC2F

WC2F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This would been great if it works for anytone and other radio brands as well,, but just for retrevis.... maybe someone test it on Anytone radios

4. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a rebranded Boafeng amp....

It will work with Anytone, Baofeng and any other radio that uses the Kenwood type mic/speaker connector ...it's just a rebranded Baofeng amp.

https://baofengtech.com/amp-v25

AG5DB and KB4CO like this.
  5. WC2F

WC2F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the information I will check it out..

6. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

3, Support the Handheld Radio.

Our Amplifier RT91 will also work with any handheld radio that outputs 2W–6W. Please check the frequency range before buying this Amplifier, if your radio with the UHF range, please choose UHF. Otherwise, choose the VHF.

AG5DB likes this.
  7. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

cheap enough, but who wants a cluster F&^% having to attach cables etc

it would be easier to drag your hotspot along

8. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Use your radio (ANY 2W-6W FM radio) like normal. Remove your dummy load, err I mean rubber duck antenna and attach coax with SMA connectors to radio and amp. Attach a good antenna using coax to the output of the amp. Enjoy 30+ Watts with minimal cluster F&^%

9. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to be a 2m only amp. 5-10 watts is all we need in So Cal for any analog or C4FM repeater. Now if it could somehow operate wireless, that would get my attention.

Off the top of my dead head:

- A low power HT
    - amp connected to a base station radio
    - Base station radio receives TX and repeats it through the amp out to the world @ 40 watts.

I already have a 65 watt 2m base station, I would really like that station to relay the weak signal from my HT (when I am outside in the yard, or running from the cops) and send it out of the base station at more than 5 watts. If this amp needs a hard wire and a Big-Ass battery...

Is this too much to ask of the gods of Propagation?

Am I still on the Turnip Truck?

10. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

A twin VFO radio is on the wish list...

11. KJ4DGE

KJ4DGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I hate to be a buzzkill but the amp only work in the VHF range not dual band. SO you are shelling out close to a 100.00 for this and if you add the external antenna you need to use another 25.00 (maybe) and a power source for the amp you might as well save your money for a dual band mobile. Or buy a Chinese mobile that puts out 25 watts for around the same money and IS dual band.

KY1K likes this.
  12. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

how many times do you think a sma connector will last doing that
    like I said its simpler to use your hotspot and avoid repeaters and the power required to access them

13. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

It would probably last longer than the number of times you would use it before finding something more interesting to do.

At least the amp allows you to connect to a repeater via ham radio. I rarely use repeaters, but I refuse to use VoIP toys! I didn't study for my ham license just to use Skype!
    (I use simple FM repeaters, and generally not even linked. NO digital Internet modes like DMR or Echolink)

Edit: OK, I was used Echolink once. A friend in Europe connected in to my local (and often unused) repeater so we could talk while attempting JT65 contacts on multiple HF bands.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  14. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the only time this would be useful is a portable simplex node or digipeater. Most cheap mobile radios don't have VOX like a handheld.

AA1PR likes this.
  15. KB0MYP

KB0MYP Ham Member QRZ Page

Great where do I get one kb0myp......Ron