ad: wmr-1

25th Anniversary Grand Prize Drawing is Near...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I found I could hover my mouse over the video bar to see the thumbnail; they had a slide presentation with the prizes and the winners' callsigns on them, and I could just move down the scrub bar and see all the winners really quickly.

NL7W, AJ4LN and K2NCC like this.
  2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, that's on the nose. But some folks would rather skip the effort and complain about it instead.

3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Picked up a DX Engineering Swag Kit. All it took was dumping my call a few times in the Chat session. I was rare DX!

Cool!

And... CONGRATS to the winners from one side of the country to the other! :)

K2CAJ and K2NCC like this.
  4. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Uhhhhhh Did I win ???????

5. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok fanboy. Merit based has to do with results based on merit of emtry.

6. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm giving up as I am being censored at this time.

K4XJ likes this.
  7. K2NCC

You could get every answer wrong on the trivia questions, yet your entry is no less than someone who got 100%.
    Or showed up for the chat, which I understand had a few more little give-aways.

I'm no fanboy, but I can certainly be oblivious to what you mean by "merit based", thus why I asked. (To which I still haven't received an answer.)

8. K2NCC

Uhh... did you watch the video to learn the answer to that?

(I'm gonna assume you're just being sarcastic.) :p

9. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I never expressed any sense of urgency, just a desire to see a written list of winners. You are the only one who keeps bringing up impatience.

AJ4LN and WD4IGX like this.
  10. K2NCC

Neither am I the one asking for a list within such a short time of the contest ending. If it takes a day or two, who should really care?
    (Particularly when just a tiny bit of effort, you can find the answer a lot sooner.)

11. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

When I asked if there was a list I did not specify a timeframe. You are reading waaaay too much into these senseless postings? This is why I usually stick exclusively to the tech forums. Little of any use elsewhere.

Anyway, given how brief the list is there indeed SHOULD be a list posted right away. It would take all of five minutes to make it if you fast forward through the video.

Adios.

AJ4LN and K2NCC like this.
  12. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Refreshing this thread every hour or so is comparable to watching a train wreck...you cannot STAND it...but you KEEP LOOKING anyway LOL Such a Joyous Season...filled with mucho butthurt...over a contest that had FRONT PAGE attention since the git-go. Reminders once a week, these last couple of weeks, regarding drawings for perfect quiz scores, to get a little more ham bling. What else can anyone ask for? Congratulations Fred for making all of this possible...not the prizes (that were gratiously donated by the Big Boys!)...but for having where-with-all to begin this neat site 25 years ago! **Kudos** to You and all of the staff @ QRZ.COM!!! Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukkah! 73/88 Mr. Carl de NĂ˜CEL

WB0MPB and WD4IGX like this.
  13. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

How many times does one have to enter in order to potentially win a prize?

14. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

They sort of set that expectation with doing the whole live streaming thing. I think, since it takes someone maybe 30 seconds to just type a comment here or on YouTube, that it's a reasonable expectation for at least the main prize winners to be posted within a few minutes.

OTOH, you seem to misunderstand. I don't really CARE and I'm certainly not upset about it. "Talking about something and asking where's the list?" != "upset that it hasn't been posted yet."

AJ4LN likes this.
  15. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is this "score" or "merit" thing coming from? From the QRZ Post kicking this whole thing off:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/the-qrz-25th-anniversary-trivia-sweepstakes.626521/

First post, third paragraph.