ad: CQMM-1

The FCC fights back!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5TXR, Sep 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Uhhh.... you're calling on the FCC to get more involved with enforcement... then you admit to illegal use of a Part 90 radio on the Part 80 service (Maritime Mobile Service)??? Whaaaaat?

N2EY, N9JML, WA6VPS and 1 other person like this.
  2. WA6VPS

WA6VPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget the part where he also said " I wish they would get back to being a regulatory agency" followed by " I will end my rant with this FCC, do not worry so much about regulating, there are already enough laws on the books, do some enforcement for a change. " lol

N2EY likes this.
  3. KF2YD

KF2YD Ham Member QRZ Page

eBay is being very arrogant and is still not stopping the sales of these illegal VHF and VHF radios that are not FCC certified..

If you visit eBay you will still see hundreds or thousandths of these illegal radios still being sold which are not FCC certified.

Looks to me like the FCC are pushovers !

KF4ZKU likes this.
  4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't doubt there are a bunch of non-certified radios being sold on eBay, but how do you know? How do they tell?

There are also a lot that ARE certified.

5. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting article

AC7DD likes this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks to me that most are certified for use on amateur radio frequencies ONLY.

They should only be sold to amateur radio operators.

It is a shame that many amateur radio operators operate them out of the ham bands.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably not many. Its the preppers, IMO who are buying them and using them on the ham bands, thus creating the problem.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

BREAKING NEWS !!!

Many ham radio operators are preppers. :rolleyes:

N7EVL and AC7DD like this.
  9. N4LNE/SK2022

N4LNE/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

And Motorola, Icom, Yaesu and others win another round! God forbid we should be able to buy a radio to use on the commercial bands or ham bands for less than 300.00 bucks. The argument that people misuse these radios is wrong people have caused interference from the earliest days of ham radio and blaming the radio is stupid. All this change has done is limit our options and placed another layer of regulation in our way and we will be paying higher prices for radios in the future. The imports work great but we are not allowed to have them now thanks folks.

N7EVL, KF4ZKU and WA6VPS like this.
  10. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Speculation.... on your part.. Conjecture.. Where is your evidence... Who said Amateur use them out of BAND....
    Why should they only be sold to hams, what makes us Special... The manufactures simply need to get them certified and all would be fine....

KF4ZKU likes this.
  11. N9LYA

preppers.. maybe but what I see mostly Volunteer Public safety like Volunteer Fire departments that have very limited funds to buy equipment to put out a fire let a lone a radio system.. These cheap radios are an answer to that problem, if they were and SOME BAOFENG are Certified...

12. N9LYA

:) :) :)

AC7DD likes this.
  13. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, but, are they intrinsically safe?

14. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

M.A !!! You're SPOT-ON!!! I've always WONDERED how in the HELL that any of the "CHINEE radios" could actually receive (FCC TYPE ACCEPTANCE CERTIFICATION) in the first place??? WERE THE GUYS @ FCC PAID OFF or WHAT??? Since all those radios whether Its HTs or Mobile rigs they can also WORK ON "FRS or GMRS" AS WELL!!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    KF4ZKU likes this.
  15. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

So.... why do you think they couldn't/shouldn't achieve type acceptance? If they pass the tests, shouldn't they get the acceptance? I have bench tested mine using an HP 8924C, and it was fine. BTW, a Motorola APX8000 will work on FRS/GMRS, if you program it there...