ad: ProAudio-1

Yaesu to release 200W and 100W HF SDR Transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Aug 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0KW

K0KW Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent.

2. K6CTW

K6CTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be very interested to give it a serious try when it arrives at the local HRO.

3. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

N2AMM likes this.
  4. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They forgot the one thingee that made all the success of the FT-101 xx,
    That way cool VFO KNOB, dead center with the case and the unbreakable
    Spinner mini knob on it's edge. Not to mention this new one doesn't glow in
    the dark. I always liked the concept of the VFO tuning backwards on adjacent
    bands too!

KA2RRK

K7LZR, AK5B and NU4R like this.
  5. KN4ELD

KN4ELD Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do yet ANOTHER 100w HF/6m unit and confuse everyone? And why announce yet another expensive field test unit without a price?

K5KNV likes this.
  6. G0VEO

G0VEO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I see a bigger carrot on a longer stick !!!!!!!

UT7UX, AK5B, N2AMM and 1 other person like this.
  7. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It has nothing at all. Just a brick =)

8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Higher power for digital modes.

KK4HPY and NU4R like this.
  9. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure hope it comes with the 11 meter selection on the band switch like my present FT-101EE. Don't wanna have to be pulling any illegal CB mod...I mean "MARS/CAP" mod!

K5KNV and AK5B like this.
  10. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

re: "What do the design engineers hope to accomplish with a 200 watt transmitter marketed to US shores? 35 to 50 watts "

Maybe you missed the part where it delivers about 75 Watts in the ultra-low IMD Class A bias mode ... then again, maybe you didn't. Reading for comprehension goes a long ways sometimes in catching those fine details, not that I always practice that methodology either ...

11. W1SRR

W1SRR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

yawn.... not impressed.

N0YPD, K5KNV and W4KVW like this.
  12. IN3HEZ

IN3HEZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At long last ... Competition is always good for customers :)

73, Andrea

NL7W and AK5B like this.
  13. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you make too many assumptions my friend….one, that the deciding factor in purchasing a transceiver for most operators is the inclusion of a Class A bias mode and 2, that I was interested enough to read beyond the initial three sentence post.

Hmm, ultra-low IMD mode, makes one wonder just how pure their non-Class A mode really is when they have to strip away nearly 2/3 of its output power to meet the standard. Funny how you won’t find a “Class A button” on the offerings of the two preeminent manufacturers of SDR radios, Flex and Elecraft. Oh but then again, Yaesu is touting it as a “High-Class” transceiver. This, along with a plate of caviar and a string of polo ponies gets you heard ‘round the world. Too bad the namesake had to muddy its progenitor, the legendary FT-101 line, a very disrespectful use of nomenclature indeed!

KK4CUL, NA4RA and K5KNV like this.
  14. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

re: "Maybe you make too many assumptions my friend ..."

Reading for comprehension makes points, not doing so, well, I'll leave that go ...

My observation, in writing, was based more on supposition rather than assumption. Take this opportunity re-read what I posted - my words are still above. Note also I, myself and I on occasion fall 'victim' to the practice of not reading for comprehension. I'm glad we are both working to clear up these misunderstandings.

KM5BOR and AK5B like this.
  15. W4ZD

W4ZD Guest

For sure. Long live the knobs! :D

AK5B likes this.