ad: Sussex-1

Ailunce HD1 Dual Band DMR Radio – 14 Things You Should Know

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ailunce HD1 is DMR Radio, Dual Band(VHF&UHF), Dual Mode(DMR&Analog), 3000 channels, 1000 priority contacts, 100000 local contacts. Except for these basic function, there are lots of others functions. This video will tell you more.

2. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Junk

K5KNV, KA2FIR and NU4R like this.
  3. KF9L

KF9L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Agree. I had this radio and its absolute nightmare. Its not even in the ball park of being user friendly. To me after trying to use it and waiting so long with very little updates that were coming out for the radio to improve it i consider this radio a failure. It has a extremely long way to go. The Anytone AT-D868UV Runs 10 circles to this radios 1.

W2TH and K5KNV like this.
  4. BH6PJL

If you have any problems with the radio, you can contact the seller, I think they can solve for you.

5. BH6PJL

Anyway, thanks for your attention. I think Ailunce will make it better and better. And if you have any function suggestion, welcome at any time. Thanks. Good day to you.

6. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SORRY GUYS BUT...THIS IS ONE GIANT BELLY LAUGH!

YOU'RE "THINKING" is ALL WRONG SPARKY!!

Sick and tired of these sorry accuses for ham radio! LOVE FRUSTRATION DO YOU?!? WELL...GET YOU ONE!!!

K5KNV likes this.
  7. KF9L

KF9L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HD1 has 3 modes

Gifted mode - someone buys you radio for a gift and you try it and set it aside

last option mode - no other radio available to use and had to resort to this one

trash mode - Realized last option mode was not a good choice and threw radio away

K5KNV and W4NNF like this.
  8. NG8M

NG8M Ham Member QRZ Page

I have this radio. For perspective I have these HTs. Kenwood TH-d74, A few Beofengs, and the HD-1. The HD-1 I purchase on Amazon. This is a GREAT radio. I use it more than the TH-d74. It is my go-to radio. It is more intuitive than the TH-d74. It has better power. It is easy to program. The support has been great when there have been issues. The Retevis team is working very hard to support its product. They reach out immediately on their FB forum or via request on their page.

The Kenwood is still locked in menus and UI from 20+ years ago. It is a great radio too, but it cost $500+. It could have embraced DMR and be an outstanding radio. But in reality D-star is great on 5W only if you are with a hotspot or next to the repeater.

Again the Kenwood and Ailunce are great radios with great tech. The HD-1 is my go-to and is the case for many out there. From the outside, Retevis is pushing HAM tech into a great direction.

G8JYV, K2NCC, W4KVW and 4 others like this.
  9. N8DAH

N8DAH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

for the price I will keep my Anytone that works top notch and cost almost half plus it came with gps stock

K5KNV likes this.
  10. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL,most that are here complaining have never even touched one of these HT's yet they must say something negative? I like the Ailunce HD1 & it does very well on DMR & Analog & there is a Facebook group that is very helpful with any issues with the radio & usually quickly.Just did the firmware update last night & it works great.For the $150 shipped I paid for it I think it was a STEAL & it does things my ICOM & Baofeng HT's only dream of & it does it with ease.Like N8GM said above,Retevis has done a great job with support & updates & they are customer/user friendly.

Clayton
    W4KVW

SA6JAW, G8JYV and NG8M like this.
  11. KB7THL

KB7THL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had an HD-1 almost three months now. Perfect - no. Learning curve - yes. However, for a new radio as an inexpensive start in DMR, it has been excellent. Reliable, dual band, plenty of space for talkgroups, channels, zones, etc., usable with repeaters and hotspots. And their support via the FB user group has been quite helpful.

W4KVW, G8JYV, N5KGN and 1 other person like this.
  12. G8JYV

G8JYV Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the Aliunce HD1 with GPS for 10 weeks now and consider it a very good purchase. Admittedly it took a while to learn to navigate it, but the ability to listen to all TalkGroups in promiscuous mode, and respond immediately to any specific Talk Group at the touch of a button is certainly a bonus.
    I have the optional microphone/speaker connected, and an external dual band vertical aerial. For me, it works just as a base station.
    If you're thinking of purchasing then go ahead, but make sure you upgrade the firmware to the latest level, and take time to learn all the available features.

W4KVW likes this.
  13. K5TGS

K5TGS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HD1 is now my go to HT for V/UHF and DMR. Rock solid build, 10W and lower price than any Japanese HT!

W4KVW likes this.
  14. YO8HMH

YO8HMH Ham Member QRZ Page

Send one Ailunce HD1 is DMR Radio, Dual Band(VHF&UHF) for testing purposes and friends from my TG can see if it works good and they can order some. search grz.com for qth and address.
    73's de YO8HMH

15. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Please help us with the definition of "sorry accuses".........?