ad: chuckmartin

HR2.0 Episode 134: Comparing the RFinder K1 and M1 Devices

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Apr 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.livefromthehamshack.tv/2018/04/16/episode-134-comparing-the-rfinder-k1-and-m1-devices/
    ---------------------------------------

This will be the 4th or 5th video I have done on or about an RFinder device. This Android DMR and phone device has been my daily carry for about 1.5-2 years now, switching between models, but all from RFinder. I like this device, I believe in it, and it works very well. Expect to see more videos on these devices in the future as new ones are released. This video talks about the newest K1 model.

KE7DUX, KF4DBW, KA8UGB and 2 others like this.
  2. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Complete waste of time. One of the most useless videos I have ever seen.

KT5OT and W0FW like this.
  3. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

this guy is an expert at useless videos! wait till he brings out his hobo ham donation jar!

4. W6LDX

W6LDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Jason,

I watched your video on the M1/K1 and am still confused as to what these devices are/do without doing further research.
    Aside from Amateur Radio and all things related, After over 25 years in broadcast, I thought that I may be able to help you out with your presentations.

I think that it is very important to have Que Cards so that you stay on subject and have the data in front of you.
    Practice difficult words over several times and places.
    Always look at the camera when you are speaking to your audience, we are on the other side looking at you.
    Don't make faces; not even if your dog farts.
    Go over (Rehearse) the show and have others watch the rehearsal and listen to their comments.
    Good posture, good pronunciation.
    List resources for specifications and other things that technically oriented Amateurs may be interested in if you didn't announce them during your production.
    Watch your finished product with others so that you can get some input from viewers.

Conclusion: I'm not going to go over lighting and audio filtering, your set-up seems to be quite adequate for what you are doing.
    I have no idea what those units are; radio, telephone; combination of the two or dual, single/dual band units. I am sorry, but this is the first
    time that I have seen anything on these units. I have watched some of your other programs. Take your time and do it to the best of your ability. None of us are perfect and we don't expect perfection.

Jason, Please don't take this as a criticism. I think that you have a lot to offer the Amateur community and thank you for the time and effort that you have put into your productions.

Best Regards,

Thomas Davis - W6LDX

5. W6LDX

Why don't you give it a try?

6. KC5HWB

Replies like this are why lots of people say QRZ is a waste of time. No good comments at all, only complaining. If you don't like the video, then move onto something else. No use crying like a 16-yr old high school girl about it.

KC9YGN, M0REU and K6MTS like this.
  7. KC5HWB

Thomas, your comments aren't bad. However, the reason I do the show the way that I do it is because it is more real and authentic. I specifically do not rehearse the show because I have a tagline of "Live From the Hamshack" - so it is put together exactly the way that I want it to be.

Some people might not agree with this, and that is fine. There are lots of good shows out there on Ham Radio. People who do nothing except complain (not you), who post on here or other sites with nothing but negative comment - I suspect they are just negative people overall or maybe they see something happening here that they wish they had done, but never took the initiative. Either way, whatever the reason for all the negativity, I try my best to ignore it.

This video is a build onto 4 or 5 other videos where I explain what these devices do and how they work. I even have one video on setting the device up from scratch. So this video itself wasn't meant to be an introduction to what the device does, it was a comparison between models for a device that I have already introduced.

8. AB5SM

AB5SM Ham Member QRZ Page

Jason (KC5HWB) and his videos have been a great service to the Amateur community. Through watching his videos or talking to him on the air I have learned some things that have helped me. His videos are not "pay per view", nor does he require a subscription for his service. If you dont like a program on TV you change the channel. If you dont like what you hear on the Air, Spin the large dial, but I would respectfully ask that you not make negative comments about a fellow Amateur that tries to make the Ham community a better place. Just say Thanks, contribute useful addition to the videos, or say nothing at all. Just a friendly suggestion...

M0REU, G3SEA, KD5BVX and 1 other person like this.
  9. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL, Awesome!

KC5HWB likes this.
  10. W6LDX

Jason,
    I apologize if I have made you feel the slightest bit intimidated or unhappy. Additionally, I never saw the other videos on these units and that is my fault; can't cover them all. I have seen some of your other videos and have enjoyed them. Keep up the good work and do what you do best. Have fun!
    Best Regards,
    Thomas Davis
    W6LDX

11. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The negative nancies (like the first two replies) just show their character (or lack thereof) and do nothing but make them look foolish. Yes, they look like junior high girls or worse. Ignore them, Jason, and just remember that not everyone will like every video produced about ham radio but to call them useless is not only a baseless claim but also selfish, ignorant, and foolish on their part.

I don't use this device and have no intention of using it...but some do and some may be interested in it. So...I, like a mature grown-up, just don't take the time to watch it since it doesn't interest me. There's a novel concept, huh!?! Seems like more people should practice that.

They probably feel big and bad by posting their ignorant responses. I don't think they realize how immature, ignorant, and wimpy it actually makes them look. But...keep the mouth closed and only be thought a fool or open it (speak/post) and remove all doubt. I guess they wanted all doubt removed. :D Go figure.

(And, of course, if they reply to this they only prove the points I've made. ;))

KC5HWB likes this.
  12. KC5HWB

No, I didn't have any issues with your comments, but I did want to clarify that I had covered these devices already in other videos. Thanks for the feedback and for watching.

13. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my old days in the 70s I never noticed 16 year old girls crying, may 12 year olds ?

KD5BVX and KC5HWB like this.
  14. VE9VHF

VE9VHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

hay jason thanks for taking the time to point out the difference of the 2 unit

richard

15. KC5HWB

Thanks for watching.