ad: CQMM-1

Heil HS2 Hand PTT switch for 2 radios with MFJ-1263

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Mar 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In this video you will find information about the Heil HS2 handheld PTT switch that I use with my 2 Kenwood radios (TS-2000 and TS-990), thanks to the MFJ-1263. In addition, I'm talking about my visit this week at Radioworld in Toronto and my next trip to the Hamvention 2018. Thank you for watching and subscribing!

73 Pascal VA2PV

Attached Files:

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got one...works great...I prefer it to a footswitch.

VA2PV likes this.
  3. VA2PV

I like it too, I remember when I used a footswitch, always looking under the desk to see where it was ;-) 73 Pascal VA2PV

W4NNF likes this.
  4. WA0UAY

WA0UAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Pascal,
    Great setup. I am wondering if you have two like transceivers such as Kenwood or Icoms, if you don't run but one transceiver at a time, why can't you just take a 1/4" phono plug splitter and plug a single HS2 switch to both? I have a 7300 and a Pro3 and the PTT and ground pins are the same. I may give that a try, again as long as one transceiver is not powered up I wouldn't see a problem?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    WA0UAY

5. G0VEO

G0VEO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had a HS2 for about 5 years now.....such a pleasure to use....nice piece of kit 73

VA2PV likes this.
  6. VA2PV

Hi Rick, yes you could, but for me I prefer the MFJ-1263 since I can keep both my radio on as they are not on the same bands. Then I can select the one to key for TX with a simple switch. 73 Pascal VA2PV

K0TWA likes this.
  7. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep rocking back in my chair can’t reach a floor switch. LOL

VA2PV likes this.
  8. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. W6LDX

W6LDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

VOX

K1FBI likes this.
  10. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have seen several reports of an HS2 falling apart. I have one and have never had a problem. Do these operators grip it like a piece of gym equipment or use it for a hammer?

11. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

VOX is dangerous, way to easy to forget it is on. Hi Hi...

12. N0SLT

N0SLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 3 of the Heil FS 3 foot switches . I really like these to keep hands free to log and operate one of three radios in the shack . I don't have to look to see where the switch is . It is good if you'd rather use the hand switch .

Attached Files:

13. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

The housing came apart, or the switch failed? Unless I'm mistaken the switch is a refrigerator door switch with a finger thingy added to it.

14. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The cold soldering in the handswitch.