ad: CQMM-1

My sweet wonderful XYL now a silent key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4BET, Dec 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4BET

K4BET Ham Member QRZ Page

My sweet wonderful XYL, (Doris, WB4TXR), wife of 59 plus years, friend, sweetheart, lover and fellow ham has recently become a silent key. This has made me the loneliest and emptiest man in the world. We were kids when we got married (she was 19 and I was 17) and, of course, everyone said the marriage would never last! She took the test to get her license many, many years ago in 'self defense' and wound up liking the hobby - not as a participant - but as a bystander when I was on the air. She loved the Australian, New Zealand and English accents and when one of these DX contacts was made, she 'took possession' of the microphone! God, how I wish she was still here with me to 'take possession' of the mic. God blessed me by placing her in my life. Sweetheart, rest easy with our maker and it is my goal to see you again someday after I have continued your spoiling of the grand kids and great grand kids. Our fellow church members also miss you sorely! Peace, sweetheart, peace! God speed and remember, I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU!!!

KT4HX, K3PNI, VE5RH and 21 others like this.
  2. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You have my deepest sympathies.

3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Hope I go first---

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. K6FNI

K6FNI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for your loss.

Robert, K6FNI

5. KD5FOY

KD5FOY Ham Member QRZ Page

You have my deepest condolences

6. YY5AJI

YY5AJI Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WA2PVM

WA2PVM Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to hear Paul.
    Wish we could be there for you, but we do grieve with you.

8. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I are a few years behind you. I cannot even fathom such a loss.

Ken

9. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry for your loss. I am sure that you have had some great times having a spouse that was also a ham. You were very fortunate.
    Hopefully with time your mourning may turn to gratitude for the fond memories.
    My sincere sympathy for your loss.
    Brian K6LPM

10. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What a wonderful life you two must have had together. Amazing she got her license too. God speed.

DIT DIT DIT DAH DIT DAH. DIT DIT.

N0GB likes this.
  11. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very Very sorry.
    You will meet agn.

12. N0GB

N0GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Brother Paul, I wish to extend to you and your children our deepest condolences. May God bless you and keep you. Thank you for sharing your memories of your dear wife. Your grief is shared by our community. God speed WB4TXR. Fly faster than your signal. SK.

13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Her license was just renewed. My condolences.

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I am so sincerely sorry to hear this. My heart-felt condolences.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  15. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

May God help give you some peace OM. I'm sure she's in Heaven working some of the most amazing DX. God bless you.

W7UUU likes this.