ad: Radclub22-1

Day 1 with the ICOM IC-7610

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a TLDW synopsis for those of us who hate video reviews and never watch them?

WU8Y, K6CLS and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE mine!

K3LRH likes this.
  3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Umm, you’re right :)

I really wanted this video to go live today and I wanted it to represent the true feel of my first impression of the rig. There was no script as I was figuring out how it worked as I spoke. With more time, better lighting, and a script, it could have been half as long. Instead, we simply opened the box, hooked it up, and started talking. Unprofessional? Yes. Effective? We'll see.

But make no mistake, I hated the "uhh" and "umms" too.

73 -fred

NL7W likes this.
  4. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

A very nice radio with tons of bells and whistles, most of which no one will ever use.

W6MQI and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  5. AA7BQ

No, it wasn't me. I paid the regular retail price which was less than the eBay auction and two days after it closed.

6. AA7BQ

Synopsis: It's a great radio and will very likely become a classic. If you like the most modern equipment and features, this is the radio for you. If you aren't sure, this is the radio for you. If you are a Collins or Heathkit fan then you will likely conclude that this radio makes a crappy boat anchor.

K2HAT, N0IRS and WD4IGX like this.
  7. WD4IGX

Hehe. Thanks.

I skim written reviews, especially for things I find interesting but don't expect to buy in the foreseeable future, but it's hard to skim a video.

8. ND1B

ND1B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice but to much radio for me haha come Feb im looking for a 7600 :)

W4KVW likes this.
  9. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Personally I think that comment was uncalled for, who said the was a professional production, and who in the hell really cares.

Thanks all around, umm's included!

N9FM, W8LGZ, M0REU and 2 others like this.
  10. WD4IGX

That's the best thing about a new model coming out - you can usually get the previous model at a considerable discount shortly thereafter!

11. K7YB

K7YB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Now I'm going to have to sell one of my offspring to buy this. VERY COOL radio...and I was going to settle for a 7600. NOT!

12. K3LRH

K3LRH Ham Member QRZ Page

...drool :)

13. N0IRS

N0IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not true. You'll use them once or twice then quickly forget where in the heck in the menu you found them. Lol! Waiting for mine any day now.

N5PG likes this.
  14. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

That gives me hope. I have one on order, maybe in a week or two my rig will be here also.
    Thanks for the video, it was good.
    Enjoy

15. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing about this new Icom radio. :)

I had one on preorder with Gigaparts, then they decided to do a Pay us Now for the radio, we Might have it really soon.

I was unhappy with the way Gigaparts changed the way that they decided to sell it, and they would not price match another companies Black Friday price.

I don't mind waiting another 6-8 weeks to save $450.

AE1P and K9ASE like this.