ad: M2Ant-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

KA9JLM likes this.
  2. N6QIC

W7UUU and W5BIB like this.
  3. N6QIC

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

The closer it gets the more nervous I get !! Almost TWO YEARS getting all this gear together - restoring it, refinishing it, keeping it all tweaked and playing well together - practicing with other contest events for "gotchas" that will creep in during the heat of a pileup, computer logging glitches.... on and on. It's like a DX-pedition but just me :)

I really hope to work a lot of people - it's such a meaningful thing to me to go through all of this in memory of someone I so much admire, Howard E. Anthony and all that he brought the ham world, as well as all the zillions of other kits that his vision inspired in later years. He really was one of the "greats" in my mind.

See you on the air!! SSB on even hours, CW on odd - 20 and 40 the primary bands, but will be checking all other non-WARC bands as well!!

Thanks for all the great many assists along the way with the K1T page, Lisa.

Dave
    W7UUU

N6QIC likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should get some of these.

upload_2017-7-17_7-44-26.jpeg

Good Luck.

N6QIC and W7UUU like this.
  6. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave:

Thanks for all your hard work. It will be great. You will always remember this as will those who have a QSO with you in remembrance of "Mr. Heathkit." I remember looking at the Heathkit catalogs back in the early 70's and dreaming about all that equipment.

73, cu on air soon

Roger N6RGR

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Pretty cool - Bob reached out to ask me to do a segment on my K1T project on his show! So this Wednesday's show (July 19th, 6PM PDT / 9PM EDT) Bob will do the set-up showing pictures and talking about the event that starts this weekend - just announcing the beginning of the event and showing images from my QRZ page.

Then on the 26th, 3 days into working K1T, he'll have me in my shack live doing a 10-minute live interview of how the event came about, brief history of Edward B. Heath and Howard E. Anthony and all that Anthony did for the kit-building world, and of course how it's progressing - how is the activity, number of QSOs in the log, etc. He told me on the phone today that he'll put my segment up near the beginning of the show - probably the first segment after the opening stuff.

Wow! I'm a bit nervous about doing a live show but Bob is such a super guy I'm sure even if I screw something up he'll just let it roll off :)

The link to Ham Nation is here: https://twit.tv/shows/ham-nation

Dave
    W7UUU

KM4MIS likes this.
  8. W7UUU

The segment on K1T just ended - had about 25 minutes of tech glitches at the beginning so got off to a slow start. But very good show... I could tell Bob was somewhat scrambling to "get back home and get things working" so a number of Heathkit timeline details and "stuff Dave built" details got a little jumbled. But all in all, good show - thank you Boa & company for all you do.

Next week (if all goes as planned) I'll be on the show "Live from K1T" (gulp! :eek:) and explain what all is going on in the shack, in the middle of the event itself.

But to Bob & Twit TV - thanks for the coverage tonight and I'm sorry you guys had the tech issues that you did - must be very frustrating.

Very best regards to your team

Dave
    W7UUU

KM4MIS, KF5RRF, KA2CZU and 1 other person like this.
  9. KA7FTP

KA7FTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave,

Watched the first installment of the Heathkit story on Hamnation. I'm looking forward to the K1T event, as well as your interview next week! I hope I can work you at least once on K1T.

len

10. W7UUU

Thanks Len - Bob messed a few things a little bit (timelines badly as well as the gear I custom built) but he was just scrambling to get on the air after traveling all day, and barely made it on the air in time.

My interview next week is with Gordo, and I hope to have 10-15 minutes to describe the station and give out the correct time line of the Heath legacy.

Thanks for watching - and I look forward to working you at least once on the air

Dave
    W7UUU

11. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. Two weeks of a one man operation. Dave, I think you will be one tired puppy.

12. W7UUU

Yeah - my guess too.... but it's not 24/7 either. I still work (granted, from home) so will try to keep the schedule dynamic on my QRZ page the best I can.

Coming up soon - I'll either sink or swim :)

Dave
    W7UUU

13. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will look forward to working you. Good luck.

14. W7UUU

Wow.... today's the day! It's been a long journey. On the air in 7 hours - see you then! :)

SSB on even hours, CW on odd.

Dave
    W7UUU

N2EY likes this.
  15. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got a suggested freq range for cw yet Dave?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.