ad: HamHats-1

Testing The New Military 2.0 Multiband Tuner Free HF Alpha Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4CPR, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I asked you to write a couple of sentences to summarize your results, and I got over two paragraphs complaining about my request and how hard it is to make a video? Really? :rolleyes:

K4AGO, WB5THT, WD0FIA and 1 other person like this.
  2. N4CPR

N4CPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for watching my video. I am not a politician just a regular guy making videos not writing a novel for people to read if you want to read go to Amazon and by a book.

3. KW4SP

KW4SP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All that and he didn't even answer the question :-\

K4AGO, WB5THT, WD0FIA and 1 other person like this.
  4. N4CPR

Watch The Video It's Free. Thank You For Watching.

K8VHL likes this.
  5. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Military antenna? No thanks. I don't willingly support the military industrial complex. None of our enemies ever called me a "cracker." QRO to the people. Right-on.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    K4AGO, WD0FIA and W6DX like this.
  6. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I see no video. Can you post the link?

7. KK5JY

I'm going to have a bumper sticker printed with that phrase. ;)

8. KK5JY

And to think, you have now written dozens of sentences to the effect of "the customer is always wrong," just to avoid writing a couple of sentences to answer simple questions of people who bothered to look at your post. You have all the makings of a great ham vendor, to talk to your audience like that. :rolleyes:

K4AGO, WB5THT and KI6IPO like this.
  9. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it my imagination or is QRZ.com populated with some of the most argumentative, negative, thin skinned hams on the planet?

KD2AZ, K4AGO, VK6APZ/SK2022 and 12 others like this.
  10. N4CPR

Ok Matthew, Thank you again for your comment. I am not selling you or anyone else anything. I am just making a video with my opinion on how I like or not like a product. I am not avoiding writing a couple of sentences to answer a simple question for people or in this case you because I already answered your question in the video that I created but you chose not to watch the whole videos. When I am curious about a product I watch other creators video in full before I give my opinion either good or bad and if I am really curious I watch other creators video of the same product to learn more and maybe make a purchase. But I respect that you may not want to watch a 26+ minuet video of a product that you are curious about and that is why there are many videos on youtube my video is just one in a million. You the viewer will always choose what you want to watch or not watch and I am always grateful to the many viewers who do choose to watch my videos. I look forward to watching any video you create in the future and reserving my questions till the end of the video. By the way Matthew great job on your QRZ Page.

KD2LMR and K8VHL like this.
  11. KK5JY

Wow...

12. KK5JY

The Zed has nothing on many other popular forum sites and news sites. People here are downright civil by comparison. The OP included. :)

13. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be expecting royalty checks.

Not to be a critic, but next time you're making a vid at the beach, try aiming the camera at a bikini every now and then.

KF2M, WD0FIA and KN6Q like this.
  14. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

A totally useless video since non of the details already suggested have been forthcoming.

Go bother some other site the next time....please.

K4AGO, K1CYN and WB5THT like this.
  15. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I call shenanigans.

All of the contacts in the video were made on 20 SSB. No other band or mode was used.

On 20 meters, the vertical element is a bit more than a quarter wave long. The location is out in the open, over salt water.

The antenna appears to work well - BUT - one has to consider: Compared to what?

For less than $20, one can make a 20 meter vertical from EMT conduit, guy it with three pieces of Dacron line, and run some sloping radials. The result will give a low SWR all across the 20 meter band with no tuner. Results will be comparable to or better than the $400 antenna in the video. The same approach can be used for the bands higher than 20.

Where portable antennas face a challenge is on bands lower than 20 meters. But we don't see the antenna being used on those bands.

Want to see how well an antenna REALLY performs? Take it to a real-world site for Field Day, and operate 24 hours on 40 CW. See how well it does under those conditions. See if you can hold a frequency and make a decent rate.

K4AGO, KU4X, WB5THT and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.