ad: chuckmartin

A GREAT Video about amateur radio promo by RSGB !!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Apr 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

a great video on Amateur radio - a 21st Century hobby

by the amateur radio association RSGB

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

YL3JD, KB9LXH, XE2MWY and 27 others like this.
  2. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what we need, great video
    Thank you KL7LT Bob

3. N3TBF

N3TBF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More young people should see this video and understand that all bets are off during a disaster with other types of communication. And perhaps peak more of their curiosity
    and interest to learn.
    Well done!
    Thanks, N3TBF Martin.

N0JMP and WJ2L like this.
  4. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, you only said it was a great video. You didn't say it was new. But there will be those that have not seen it yet.

The next time this gets recycled, perhaps the Subtitled version could be downloaded and presented.

WJ2L likes this.
  5. W1ZY

W1ZY Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent to see no beer-bellied old guys, like me, in the video.

WJ2L and G8CYK like this.
  6. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hoping
    Wishing
    It can only help :)
    [​IMG]

7. J69B

J69B Ham Member QRZ Page

VERY GOOD, I work with Browne's as a volunteer training them for their communications badges.
    Bernard
    de J69B.

8. G8CYK

G8CYK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a member of the group (Essexham.co.uk) that is doing as much as anyone in the UK to promote the hobby. Essexham has been instrumental in producing that video (and others) and other PR for the hobby in UK. And sometimes PR is not just about promoting the hobby, it's a matter of saving the hobby from the indifference and ignorance of bureaucrats and politicians who do things like allow the phone company to deliver ADSL using techniques that turn telephone wires in vast antennas radiating digital mush, that wipe out all HF up to 10MHz (at least). There is much work to be done.

WJ2L, W2REA and KG5ILR like this.
  9. NA6DX

NA6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done, and thanks for making it.

WJ2L likes this.
  10. K8CGS

K8CGS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is fantastic! What a great job they did in presentation. I was lucky enough to have attended much of my primary and secondary education in England and Germany. I returned to the US in my junior year of high school. I finished my last two years of completely bored out of my skull and took up the hobby of getting in trouble. The different HAM clubs through out the US are doing a great job with the resources available to introduce and attract new and young enthusiasts. But to a certain degree their hands are tied to the audience available. The difference between, example of the public schools I attended in Europe and those in the current US, are like day and night. Most European schools encourage and require their students to explore and experiment, like we use to.

K7YB, WJ2L and N0IRS like this.
  11. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the best video I have ever seen to promote amateur radio.

Mission accomplished.

Very well done.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  12. NY1AM

NY1AM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An excellent video promoting a very diverse and educational hobby for young and old alike. In my 40 plus years in this hobby I still learn new things all the time and enjoy all the challenges it offers! It sure beats staring at a cell phone screen and texting in misspelled English!

Ray NY1AM

13. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

The children are all so very much focused and looking well. Hard to believe electronics combined with youth can enjoy such a shot in the arm. It's Amateur radio all over again!

Daugie
    N5DMC

K7YB likes this.
  14. N7RD/SK2023

N7RD/SK2023 Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very well put together, I hope the youth of today opens their minds and joins in.

15. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done! That should be circulated as it really does say what we do. It is fun educational
    and promotes a civilized peaceful endevours to so many people around the globe.