ad: wmr-1

DX Engineering and FlexRadio Systems Co-Host the 2017 6 Meter BBQ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Apr 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

PRESS RELEASE

DX Engineering and FlexRadio Systems will co-host the upcoming 6 Meter BBQ on September 29 and 30, 2017. The annual event held in Austin, Texas draws Ham Radio enthusiasts from all over the world. As one of the premiere VHF gatherings on the Ham Radio calendar, the 6 Meter BBQ includes presentations, demonstrations, and social activities.

The 6 Meter BBQ was founded and hosted by Jimmy Treybig, W6JKV and Dick Hanson, K5AND. In teaming up with FlexRadio, DX Engineering ensures that the event will continue.

FlexRadio provides market leading software defined radio systems, making them an excellent complement to DX Engineering’s own products. The two companies are dedicated to Amateur Radio innovation and the Ham community, which meant that creating the partnership was an easy decision.

“The opportunity to work with FlexRadio was too good to pass up,” reports Tim Duffy, K3LR, DX Engineering’s Chief Operating Officer. “It’s a perfect chance to support this exciting event and give back to avid VHF operators.”

“FlexRadio Systems is excited to be partnering with DX Engineering in hosting this long running event. Our partnership ensures all participants that we will maintain the spirit of the event, as well as, provide a plethora of interesting presentation topics,” stated Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR, President & CEO of FlexRadio Systems.

As it is announced, more information on the 6 Meter BBQ will be posted in the News section of DXEngineering.com.

AK5B likes this.
  2. W5JPT

W5JPT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got a first hand look at the FlexRadio SDR at the Ham Expo in Belton, TX last month. I finally got the drool out of my shirt. Nice radio and definitely on my list of options for next year.

3. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds great ! can't wait I hope Mark W8BBQ will be there ! 73 Phil KI6PMD..

4. KZ5DP

KZ5DP Ham Member QRZ Page

Great news and thanks to Jimmy and Dick for all their hospitality.

5. N5XO

N5XO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very excited to see that the event will continue. Ruth KE5MHJ and I have truly enjoyed the BBQ's in past years, and were saddened that they would be coming to an end as Dick and Jimmy were no longer going to host the event.

Fantastic news, and I know on our 2 meter SSB net tonight this will be received with a lot of joy.

Just a reminder, Flex is also working directly with the N5XO and the HAMster group for our June Weak Signal Lunch and Learn. Everything you want to learn and I hope more, plus grilled dogs, chips and drinks {FREE EVENT} at the American Red Cross in San Antonio, this is our second year to host this event and when you combine this with the Austin 6 meter BBQ, it's a great year.

More info on the lunch and learn e-mail N5XO@144200.net

6. N5EPA

N5EPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great news!

7. AJ2I

AJ2I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DX Engineering gonna be reselling flex radio's now?

8. XE2OR

XE2OR Ham Member QRZ Page

Muy Buenas Noticias Por alla Nos VeMos Razaaa !!!

9. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm going! See you all there.

10. K5NHR

K5NHR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope to learn more on 6 meter antennas why am there. Got my tickets and room book. Be my first time, looking forward to it. See you all there. Brad K5NHR