ad: chuckmartin

Dayton 2017 - vendor space issues ?

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K9UR, Mar 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Been trying for a couple weeks to get flea market space sorted out for hamvention 2017. As a prior vendor I answered the PDF email that I received a few weeks ago. Follow up emails go unanswered. It this a case of backlog or something else ?

can anyone else share your experience on getting flea spaces ? I got my entry ticket but no movement on flea space.

2. W4QG

W4QG Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if this is the correct location for this thread. I think this forum is for after the fact rather than before. The other hamfest forum might be better.

Nevertheless, an excellent question!

I was wondering the exact same thing. A few friends and myself are also attempting to reserve spaces. Multiple emails have gone unanswered. Entry tickets appear to be no problem.

I was planning on calling them next week. Does not bode well for a smooth transition to this location. I hope it doesn't turn out to be chaos.

K2HAT likes this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

• Feb 24 at 12:29 PM
    Hi Lee,

Your request was received, but since we're taking ALL reservation requests
    by e-mail, it's difficult to respond to everyone that their request was
    received. As we respond to requests, we'll be contacting each person, to
    complete their reservation.

We appreciate your patience.

73, Dave
    N8YFQ
    Flea Market Chairman

On Thu, February 23, 2017 21:14, Lee Hatfield Jr wrote:
    > Hello Folks,
    > I got no automatic reply, and can not find a searchable log to check for
    > the rare DX known as Dayton/ Xenia 2017 Flea Market Reservation.
    >
    > So I figured in case I am not in the queue, or line, log, whatever you
    > prefer,that I better make a backup request.
    >
    > Please consider a way of replying to let us know we are in line. ;) 73
    > K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr
    >

4. N4CAG

N4CAG Ham Member QRZ Page

I emailed them Monday morning, Feb 20th at 7:45am after their email the night before. I've still yet to hear anything, even with a follow up email this past week. I really wonder if they are wanting to have a flea market.

5. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Funny, here it is mid-March and while I've exchanged a few emails with Dave, I've yet to get a table space or flea market ticket.
    The flea market IS hamvention as far as I'm concerned. lets get the right people on it who can handle the job and the volume in a prompt manner.
    Sorry, Dave, but your team's ability and effort isn't cutting it as far as this customer is concerned. very disappointing.

6. K2HAT

7. W6IR

W6IR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sadly technology is apparently not their strong suit. They can easily configure their email to auto respond the the requests and make everyone happy. Or not.

8. K2HAT

I got an email reply the other day, telling me to try early this week with the online payment,
    and just completed that last step. :)

I am sure 2018 will be a lot easier for all.

upload_2017-3-26_9-14-7.png

9. W4QG

W4QG Ham Member QRZ Page

Now the end of March. After multiple emails over the past 6 weeks and a phone call still no response.
    I have to think they are overwhelmed. I think I might pass on it this year. Shame, have not missed one in about 15 years.

K2HAT likes this.
  10. WB8JEB

WB8JEB Ham Member QRZ Page

yep ...same problems here. finally booked online ....was limited to one space and one number choice only. Not sure if the transaction went through since it hasn't showed on my cc yet.

who knows if this is actually working or not since I never received an email confirmation either but it does show up when I logged back in.

I am afraid this may be a bit of a mess in the fleamarket with the new location

11. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried calling them again at the number (937) 276-6930

12. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I might wax Biblical for a moment.....

"Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox." Proverbs 14:4

'Nuff said, if ye hath ears to hear.

13. K4ATR

K4ATR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

here it is 4-9-2017 and I emailed I don't know how many times and have never been contacted back I been setting up since the 80's looks like the wife and I may skip this year if I'm not contacted soon.

Very Dissapointed

14. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

If I haven't heard anything by the 18th when they will supposedly begin selling spaces first-come to the general public, I'll just order a space through the website like everyone else. Having never laid eyes on the venue before, I couldn't really say which space I would prefer, so I won't worry too much about it as long as I can get one.

15. K1RTA

K1RTA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We have been trying to get 2 club spots for us as well with emails back in March with promises of phone calls back with no response. . We are not sure what is going on but for the largest hamfest in this country it is so unorganized for the flea market personal relations this year. Get more people involved if there is an issue and make this a professional event like it should be. Very disappointed this year and I haven't even attended it yet.