ad: Radclub22-1

D-Star/DMR/Fusion hotspot Bluestack Micro+

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Mar 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Another hotspot that works on all 3 digital modes, and can be used at the desk via USB, or bluetooth from your phone/tablet's data connection while on the go.

[​IMG]

KB1YAP, N3DAW, EB1BSV and 3 others like this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its very Kewl, but they need to offer RX/TX splits in the BlueDV software. I have all the hot spots and this one is great for easy use for travelers like over the road drivers or network engineers that can hook this up BlueTooth to the cell phone and just go without any WiFi hotspot or travel routers etc. The DVmega supports RX/TX splits as it does on a Raspberry Pi with MMDVMHost , but MMDVMHost needs support for FCS reflectors, only does YSFs...see all the hot spots have pros and cons; chose the platform that work for you !

3. N8SA

N8SA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good stuff to know. I am considering a HOTSPOT for my shack, but I do not want to buy a digital HT to access it. Is there a way to use it through computer, or do I have to go the HT route? And I like the stability of Rasberry PI software, but I use a Winders PC in my shack.

4. M0XFL

M0XFL Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

^ I like the KB5RAB image above , it is a MMDVMHost Image for DVMEga. I have set those up. The MMDVMhost software's Fusion only supports YSFreflectors. YSF may surpass the FCS reflectors for fusion someday with their better features, but today the only real active US connector on YSF is Alabama link.

6. WB9TH

WB9TH Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out the DV4HOME at wireless holdings website. No HT needed.