ad: portazero-1

Icom 7300 And MacLoggerDX Setup

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Mar 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if you are on a PC, have a look at this! This program has some really nice features. It is amazing software, especially for the DX chaser and if you like having online logbooks, this is a very good choice. It uploads in real time to many online logs, including QRZ.com.

Screen-Shot-MacLoggerDX.jpg

This clip shows the Icom 7300 setup as well as software. I am using one USB cable and my old iMac. Once the radio is setup, move on to the software. From the developers website you'll find links to everything you need including the USB drivers.

For the complete article please visit here.

9M6MUL and KX0DW like this.
  2. M1CTK

M1CTK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it's a really fab program, works well with my Icom 7300 but cost of full version puts me off buying it, bit over priced I think ?

K0PIR likes this.
  3. K0PIR

Yes $95 and I had to think about it for a while. Probably worth it to the serious DX chaser. I'll start doing that more now that I have it. I like it for the real time uploads to my online logs, including LOTW and it posts to my Twitter account. Catchy features :)

Thanks for commenting. Best 73!

4. ZL1RPL

ZL1RPL Ham Member QRZ Page

What Mac are you using and what version of OS X ? I am struggling to get it all working on Sierra.

73's
    ZL1RPL

5. K0PIR

Hi Jean-Philippe,

There is a YaHoo group:https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/macloggerdx/info

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 6.34.59 AM.png

What problem are you having? Radio?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. M1CTK

M1CTK Ham Member QRZ Page

Stil using Yosemite here ! Forget where I got the driver from now but should work with Sierra I would have thought

K0PIR likes this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The program works fine with Sierra on my late 2012 Mac mini and with two radios. A very nice program and stable. I had no issues with drivers, nor did I need to look for one when upgrading the last three OS versions.

As for price - I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality product. These days just going to a chain restaurant for a family dinner can consume close to that amount of money.

K0PIR likes this.
  8. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As a note, most of these macros and such that are included with MLDX are designed to work with MLDX v6. If you're still using v5, some things may not work quite right.

K0PIR likes this.
  9. K6CRC

K6CRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree, MLDX is the BEST ham software on the market. Try free HRD on Win. Then get a demo version of MLDX. Notice the difference?
    Is $95 really that much? Two bad dinners out! Do you pay ARRL dues? QRZ lookup dues? If not, the get free, just don't complain about buggy software.
    But, it depends on what you value. I value quality and support. For example, go to Cosco and TraderJoes pay a bit more to not have to deal with the 'society' at WalMart .
    To each, his own.

KI7KCW and K0PIR like this.
  10. K0PIR

Yes, MLDX quality and support is superb.

11. PD8B

PD8B Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

cause apple is working with linux kernel. Will this program also work with Linux? till now i still can't find any working well under linux :s.

12. K0PIR

No I don't believe so. I got CQRLOG working on a Raspberry Pi 3 and I think in the future I'll put together a small Linux box and test it out. It looks good, but too slow on a Pi.

13. KB5RF

KB5RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Best money I've spent in a long time. I cannot speak highly enough about MacLogger DX.

Tom KB5RF

K0PIR likes this.
  14. K0PIR

Yes, I'm really enjoying learning how to use it. Best 73 - Rich, K0PIR

15. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Technically, it isn't based on LInux but rather Unix/BSD (close, but not the same). Linux also does not have Cocoa libraries necessary to support most OS X software.

K0PIR likes this.