ad: k1jek

Using AppleScript with Fldigi And RUMLogNG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Mar 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

This AppleScript makes logging into RUMLogNG from Fldigi a breeze.

There are at least a couple of different ways to get this AppleScript working with RUMLogNG and Fldigi. This is a simple method and includes various helpful links and the script itself for RUMLogNG.

The equipment: An old iMac, Icom 7300, one USB cable, RUMLogNG, Fldigi and of course the AppleScript.

P3208956.jpg

View the full article here.

N5ATL and IX1FIT like this.
  2. K9JDN

K9JDN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the video, Rich. Good info!

K0PIR likes this.
  3. WB0OEW

WB0OEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Rich, all works as you describe. 73, WB0OEW

K0PIR likes this.
  4. F1RAF

F1RAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you vy much for this input . Does anyone knows if this could be also done with MacLoggerDX?

K0PIR likes this.
  5. K0PIR

Hi Nicolas,
    Great question and I was wondering the same.

I have MacloggerDX right now and I'm trying to use an AppleScript with it. Unfortunately it is not working very well. I'm having some trouble, but maybe it is just my radio. I'm going to try and resolve the issues I'm having.

The Applescripts for MacloggerDX are in the Extras folder that comes with MLDX. They are located in the Sample Files>Scripts>fldigi scripts. I have tried the _Log2MLDX.scpt and the mldx_log.scpt. the second one works better for me, but not perfectly.

There appears to be a problem with it logging the correct mode into MLDX.

There also seems to be a problem with PTT when trying to use UDP between MLDX and Fldigi. There is a workaround, but I haven't gotten that far.

I hope to make progress with it and maybe someone else here can help us.

Best 73,
    Rich, K0PIR

6. K0PIR

N5ATL likes this.
  7. F1RAF

F1RAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let me know Rich, everything I tried failed...

K0PIR likes this.
  8. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If you're having issues getting MLDX and Fldigi to talk via AppleScript, feel free to email me directly (email on QRZ is good). I wrote a couple of scripts for MLDX and Fldigi and have worked with Don a bit on extending the AppleScript library for MLDX to support Fldigi.

K0PIR likes this.
  9. K0PIR

Thank you, I appreciate that and I just joined the YaHoo group. Will be in touch.

10. 9K2BM

9K2BM Ham Member QRZ Page

hello

micro Keyer can be installed on a iMac ?

K0PIR likes this.
  11. K0PIR

Yes I see support for a microkeyer.
    "It can control the K1EL Winkey chip. microHAM devices are supported, the MKII and DKII are fully configurable." - RUMLogNG Website.

12. KX0DW

KX0DW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For what it's worth, the next version of RUMlogNG will support a RUMlogNG version of the Fldigi QSO Autolog AppleScript I originally wrote for MLDX.

This script uses the launchd system in macOS to automatically monitor for QSOs saved in Fldigi and then imports them into RUMlogNG without the need to program a macro button to execute a script. It is all hands-off and automatic once setup properly.

K0PIR likes this.
  13. K0PIR

I know just what you are talking about and that is awesome! Thank you for letting us know!