ad: Radclub22-1

Shelby Hamfest Had a smaller turnout than last year!

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KM4KWO, Sep 6, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KM4KWO

KM4KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

We at Casting Shadows Engraving Had a Blast! We sold many badges took future orders, met many more Hams and cant wait to go again!

2. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Less vendors than last year as everyone has mentioned on the 2 meter band.

3. W4QG

W4QG Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, maybe 15-20% less vendors than the last few years, but still definitely holding its own.
    Lots of great buys out there!

Absolutely brutal out in boneyard during setup day Friday, temp about 93 and sun was blistering.
    Saturday was very pleasant.

The club did their usual excellent job organizing it.
    Only real complaint about the facility is the near complete lack of shade.

4. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

I came earlier in the morning on Saturday this year and so there was a lot more to see (for me). I saw a lot of cool stuff, picked up a nice UHF yagi, and I can't wait for next year.

5. KD4YSH

KD4YSH Ham Member QRZ Page

IF THEY CONTINUE WITH THE EXTREMELY HIGH TICKET PRICES THE TURN OUT WILL BE SLIM...MOST HAM FESTS CHARGE 5.00 TO GET IN NOT 15.00 TOO MUCH YOU SHOT YOUR SELF IN THE FOOT.

6. KD4YSH

LOWER THE HIGH TICKET PRICES DOWN TO THE 5.00 USUAL PRICE GET A BIGGER CROWD, AND THE TABLES WERE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, GREED CAN RUIN A GOOD THING SHELBY USED TO BE ONE OF THE BEST BUT GREED SET IN TO THEIR CLUB...ELECTION TIME NEARS..A CHANGE IS NEEDED

7. KD4YSH

MOST HAMS BUILD THEIR ANTENNAS WHY DID YOU BUY ONE?

8. KD4YSH

TICKET PRICES WAY TOO HIGH 15.00 TOO MUCH WHEN ALLOTHERS CHARGE 5.00 THE OTHER 10.00 BUYS A LOT OF FOOD....YA THINK THEY NEED TO LOWER ADMISSION AND GET A BIGGET CROWD AND ONLY CHARHE 10.00 PER TABLE TO SET UP NOT 25.00 ROBBERY.....

9. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have any objective data to prove that?

Same reason you BOUGHT your computer instead of building it. I didn't have the time nor the proper tools to build a quality yagi. I've built antennas before but this time I decided that I wanted a nice one right away.

By the way, you should fix your defective CAPS LOCK key.

N3AB, W5KUL and KC1ELF like this.
  10. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

Not going to say anything else, eh? Just gonna drop a bunch of sh--- in the thread and then leave?

N3AB and W5KUL like this.
  11. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that called Hit and Run ?

12. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

He's been typing his reply for days.

MOST HAMS BUILD THEIR OWN KEYBOARDS but he bought his at Shelby.

W5KUL and KV3D like this.
  13. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not around here! While $15 admittedly is on the high end for general admission, I haven't seen a hamfest as low as $5 in long time. More like $8 to $10 for general admission, and as much as $25 if you want a tailgate space.

14. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do they charge a different price for a Technician ?

15. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A few of the really successful fests round here have free admission. It's what makes them successful.

I reckon that if some if the "dying" ones would reduce their price just a few bucks and advertise it really well, they'd see a surge in attendance.