ad: Sussex-1

NEW QRZ Forum: QRZ Stickers Around The World

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Oct 23, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We will send stickers worldwide. Just make sure that the self addressed stamped envelope has the right amount of postage to get the sticker to you. :)

N4GST and KG5ILR like this.
  2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Woooah! Not sure we really want to see that episode!

3. KT1NA

KT1NA Ham Member QRZ Page

Those QRZ stickers are really cute! If you would also like a bumper sticker that promotes ham radio for your...car, truck, RV, boat, shack, luggage, etc. - we at ​HamTestOnline™ will send you a FREE Ham Radio Saves Lives bumper sticker - just drop us an sase (if you want two stickers, put two stamps on the sase) - if your Club or VE team would like a supply, that's free too - no shipping even! Click here for more info: https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/bumper.htm HamRadioSavesLives.png

Christina, KT1NA
    General Manager
    ​HamTestOnline™

Attached Files:

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Rats! The mail pickup already came today! I will have a SASE and $5 for 6 stickers in the mail TOMORROW MORNING as I am MOST ANXIOUS to get one of these for the TOWN CAR, and the Shack! WORK TOO!!! Wonder if 6 stickers will be enough? Hope I can get them before QRZed runs out!!!

KK6VOJ likes this.
  5. KD8PFB

KD8PFB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine says I'm not as good as I once was, but that I'm as good ONCE as I ever was. ;)

KI7MJU and K9SPY like this.
  6. WB8FNQ

WB8FNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Because we used to say, on the air, "I'm good in the Callbook". The ARRL used to publish a call book of all FCC licensed AROs with address, which was used for QSLing. QRZ provides this information, and a whole lot more, for free, at the tap of your fingers.

Remember in the movie The Jerk, the Steve Martin character ran through the neighborhood shouting, "The phone books are here, the phone books are here", because he had his first telephone and his phone number would be listed in this new edition of the phonebook. Ditto that for new hams and a new edition of the Callbook after they were first licensed or upgraded. … At least everyone checked to make sure they were, "Good in the Callbook".

Even an old, outdated Callbook from a previous year was a treasure to have and use even though it was not current. It was likely most of your contacts would be in your old Callbook. If you needed QSL info on someone not in your old Callbook you could go to the library and use their Callbook.

K0PRM likes this.
  7. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

ED:YOU"RE A DECENT GUY!! WE NEED A FEW MORE PEOPLE AROUND LIKE YOU!! Respectfully,Greg Mitchell-W2MYA,West Caldwell,NJ

K0PRM likes this.
  8. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes,Gud point OM-don't ever throw out an old Callbook!As the years roll on they will be increasingly more valuable.I have some going back in the 1930's..Respectfully,Greg Mitchell-W2MYA,West Caldwell,NJ (Same Call/Same Qth 56 yrs.)

W7HBP and N4GST like this.
  9. VE3OWE

VE3OWE Ham Member QRZ Page

Being canadian, i would need mine to read qrzed, not qrzee

10. K7VY

K7VY Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a license plate holder"? "Good on QRZ!"

73, Gary K7VY
    Reno, NV

NZ3K likes this.
  11. K7SWS

K7SWS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd pay for one of those!

12. WA4HBK

WA4HBK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have live abroad for over 25 years in various countries and I know first hand how much trouble it is for hams to get something simple like postage for an SASE for a QSL much less the IRCs. In my DX ops I never charged postage for a QSL card and returned all the SASEs I got to the hams for use on other stations. I looked at it as a cost of my hobby. I know not everyone could financially handle it but I could and looked on it as good will for our hobby. I am still getting requests for QSO's I had in 1978 on eqsl, I always ask if they need a paper one. It is a good thing I can still read my handwriting on those paper logs. 73's Ed

K0PRM likes this.
  13. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL publishes a lot of books, but the Callbook was not one of them. I don't know if the company was actually called "Flying Horse", but the callbooks had a picture of Pegasus on the cover and was always referred to as the Flying Horse Callbook just like the CD-ROM version they publish today.

Flying_Horse_logo.jpg

14. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can I get one that says;...
    CW OPERATORS DO IT WITH RHYTHM ..........???:rolleyes:

WD4DXQ likes this.
  15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

My QRZed stickers will probably come in next week. Will get some PIX of them as soon as I get them out of the Envelope!