ad: M2Ant-1

Ham Radio Deluxe v5.20 Release Announcement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

OK This version of HRD is not working on my computer any suggestion W4PC? It asks me to connect to computer after that point it never finishes loading up and says Not Responding.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would recommend that you make a restore point before installing anything.

Then you have some chance of going back to where you started.

3. VE3YF

VE3YF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Rick (VE3FMC):

I had to D/L the VC 2010 and it says it will work with XP (Service Pack 3). Probably just a small glitch. If you would spend less time on the golf course and more time upgrading your operating system, things would work better. (Hi Hi) I don't think the courses are open up here yet (Petawawa). Have a great weekend.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

4. VE3YF

Hi Rick:

So Far all is working ok with Windows 7.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

5. KA9JLM

XP Service Pack 3 can hose a older computer.

Maybe it should be sold to work with win Vista and above. ?

6. KI4DDH

KI4DDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well downloaded the new version 5.11 and runtime , Not wanting to run , My logbook is emty , running Vista 64 bit !!

7. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Mike don't blame me because the courses up your way are not open! Mine has been open for a month now :D

I have Service Pack 3 installed on my computers. Maybe I downloaded the wrong file? What I downloaded is called vcredist_x64. Is that the wrong file? If so do me a favour and email me the correct file :) My email is good here under my callsign lookup.

Oh BTW I did download NetFx64 as I think that is part of the problem and damned if it won't install either. So it looks like I will not be buying the 6.0 version :(

You have a great weekend too!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. KM3N

KM3N Ham Member QRZ Page

The upgrade didn't work for me. HP machine with XP SP3. 5.11 works fine. Upgraded to 5.2 with the VB dll. HRD starts to load then quits and goes to the MIcrosoft error report screen. Usual reboots, reloads, etc. Gave up and went did a system restore. 5.11 back in operation.

Ken/KM3N

9. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And that is exactly what happened to me Ken, so I had to do a system restore. I guess our old XP machines won't cut the mustard with this new software.

10. WO5T

WO5T Guest

Before when I worked with the man from Switzerland on a shareware basis I freely gave him
    donations regularly - over time I paid him way over twice what the new owners are charging.
    No problems there.

If switched to a pay-per-view option my expectations will change because I should be able to
    have every advertised feature working correctly out of the box and have free support
    the very few times it doesn't. It would be nice not to have to beta test it myself.

It just took me 3 attempts before their wonderful website would take my money. Not a good start.

73 wo5t

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  11. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Installed just fine and started up over here on my XP SP3 Machine.
    Only thing is, Now all my band and favorites info is gone!!!

Update
    just went into the Manager and was able to load the band defaults loosing my customizations.
    But I was able to get my favorites back using the favorites manager.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  12. KA9JLM

I think it may be more of a licensing issue more than your machine.

They will have to pay if they want to play, and charge for the Software. MS wants their Money Also.
    Or else strange and unknown things may start happening.

People should Make a Backup, or a restore point at the least.

If the DLL suggested is not on your machine, then your version of .net framework may not be correct.

13. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

it's the _86.exe file... and not dot net and NO VB.

folllow the correct link...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

it's still a 32 bit app.. which is what you need.. not the _x64 file.

and no DOT NET... too bloated.. NO VB, to bloated

This is C++/MFC not as bloated. LOL

14. VE3YF

Rick:

Not being an expert etc, I think the problem is that you have D/L the x64 version which I think (???) is for the 64 bit operating system. I think you need the x86 for the 32 Bit operating system. Anyone else confirm my findings ?????.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

15. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes Mike, you are correct... as per my post.

Things dont work right when people dont click on the link I gave them on the site and in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.