ad: ProAudio-1

Ham Radio Deluxe 5.1 released!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD Software, LLC announces the release of Ham Radio Deluxe 5.1. This version incorporates fixes and some new features for DXers.

"This is our first release since obtaining the source code about 90 days ago," said Mike Carper, WA9PIE. "My partner, Rick, W4PC has done an outstanding job at becoming familiar with the code and developing the applications. We were fortunate to have a few key resources like Chuck, K7PT and Terry, G4POP to help us QA the builds as they're developed."

The 5.1 release is being made available at no charge to users registered on the HRD website. The focus for this release was a few items from the ToDo list – bug fixes, added rig support, and a few enhancements.

Mike said, "I think we've taken a balanced approach to getting something out quickly that satisfies a broad range of needs. I hope hams will enjoy the improvements. Obviously, this is only the beginning. We've got big plans and high-expectations for HRD in the future."

Following the 5.1 release, HRD Software intends to focus on more fixes and significant feature enhancements for v6.x with a target release at the Dayton Hamvention 2012.

As promised, version 5.1 is FREE!

HRD Downloads: http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com
    HRD Forum: http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com

2. N8VKX

N8VKX Ham Member QRZ Page

EmComm Ops for Packet TNCs, be ready.

This is the news I've been waiting for.:D

3. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just downloaded 5.1. I like the new splash screens for HRD, the Logbook and DM780. I do miss Simon's picture after all these years, though. While I've only been playing with 5.1 for about 45 minutes, I have noticed no change in the HRD rig control side of things. In the Logbook, I have noticed a number of small bugs have been addressed. The biggest bug I have noticed ongoing when using DM780 in most any digital mode, the logbook did not report back reliably if I was currently working a previously logged station. It was real hit and miss on this feature. This morning using PSK-31 and RTTY, the logbook reported back perfectly 6 or 8 stations that I had previously logged. Nice! Also the auto width feature is finally working! Also, QRZ look ups in the Logbook and DM780 seems faster than before. Now, if only these look ups could be done using your favorite browser instead of being held captive by IE. I prefer Chrome myself.

It also appears that DM780 is transmitting your digital message far faster than before. In the past when I clicked or keystroked F1 or F2 to transmit there would often be anywhere from a 2 to 5 second delay before the transmitter was keyed. It is now instantaneous. I also wonder if some more compatibility work has been done for us Win 7/64 users.
    At any rate, I do like this new version. Can't wait to see what 6.0 brings!! Keep up the good work!

4. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this.

I'm confused by the comment about "users registered on the HRD website".

I don't see a way to register at http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com but the 5.1 download just works anyway.

Good luck. I'll probably happily buy the next release if it's reasonably priced.

5. AC0VP

AC0VP Ham Member QRZ Page

You register on the Forums!!

6. KC9JJS

KC9JJS Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed in the 5.1 release that you can now install the remote server on Win 7. I could not do that before this version and am very happy to see this is now working properly :)

7. W7WET

W7WET XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Downloaded, installed and it supports my 7410 beautifully. Thank you HRD.

8. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

You can thank our Icom friends for loaning me on to develop with. We're using it at the show this weekend and it has performed flawlessly!

Rick W4PC

9. PP8DA

PP8DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    -I just installed HRD 6.1 and so far in these few minutes of obserwing I found a correct working S meter.I am using a Yaesu FT-950 and the
    Buttons have been improved and are all working.So far what I am missing are the distance and bearing informations in the DX cluster I had before in HRD 4.1,sorry if I´m in mistake in the version,but it is always a interesting information.
    Vy73 de Nick-PP8DA

10. WB7X

WB7X Ham Member QRZ Page

It is turning my FT-950 on for me.

And can't update previous log entries.

11. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this the last update before Dayton? How about a 6.0 preview?

12. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Fine job, Rick! Just did this maintenance release and all is well. I am looking forward to what the future holds here for HRD and its suite of goodies...

13. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 5.0 right now if I download 5.1 and install it will it just over write the old version and will it keep all my configuration? I hate to think about trying to set everything backup again in version 5.1

14. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I did just that Steve and had zero problems. I doubt anyone will be broken by the update.

Get the "Ham Radio Deluxe Backup Restore Utility" here and lessen the worry about it:
    http://iw1awh.jimdo.com/utility/

15. N2PHI

N2PHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there anyway to recover your log from previous versions. I had updated recently to 5.0 and lost my log from the previous 4 version. How can I get that back. I looked in the forum for answers and could not come up with one. Perhaps you can help. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.