PDA

View Full Version : Need Altec-Lansing schematic

W3GER
10-29-2005, 06:44 PM
I was given an Altec-Lansing ACS295 speaker system for a computer (powered subwoofer and two satellites).

It has "issues". Need a schematic. I understand that Altec-Lansing has a policy of not releasing them.

Anybody?
TIA
73 de W3GERry

N7RJD
10-30-2005, 03:09 AM
The ACS295 was an OEM set produced for Dell. I am not sure if it was also a model available on the open market or not but my guess would be not.

While I couldn't find schematics I am including a link to Dell's online user guide for these speakers. It is limited but might help you in some way.

ACS 295 User Guide (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/acc/ACS295/)

Added in Edit: A lot of issues with these speakers can be traced to incorrect drivers. This set is very sensative to it's drivers because of the USB control. Another problem I have encountered is if you are using them under Linux they will be detected as a soundcard. If this problem pops up, disconnect the USB cable and use the controls on the speaker, you lose on screen control but have good sound.

W3GER
10-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Quote[/b] (KE7DLG @ Oct. 29 2005,20:09)]A lot of issues with these speakers can be traced to incorrect drivers. This set is very sensative to it's drivers because of the USB control. Another problem I have encountered is if you are using them under Linux they will be detected as a soundcard. If this problem pops up, disconnect the USB cable and use the controls on the speaker, you lose on screen control but have good sound.
Thanks, but you must be thinking of something else-- #these speakers don't have a USB connection. #(The only inputs are the AC line and two mini-stereo jacks for audio input)

73 de W3GERry

N7RJD
10-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Quote[/b] (W3GER @ Oct. 29 2005,19:57)]
Quote[/b] (KE7DLG @ Oct. 29 2005,20:09)]A lot of issues with these speakers can be traced to incorrect drivers. This set is very sensative to it's drivers because of the USB control. Another problem I have encountered is if you are using them under Linux they will be detected as a soundcard. If this problem pops up, disconnect the USB cable and use the controls on the speaker, you lose on screen control but have good sound.
Thanks, but you must be thinking of something else-- these speakers don't have a USB connection. (The only inputs are the AC line and two mini-stereo jacks for audio input)

73 de W3GERry
Ok, I didn't look at the 295's that closely when I fished out the link. There is a set from around the same time frame that is USB controlled. I can't look up the other model right now as I am about 100 miles from them and was thinking 295 sounded familiar.

Either way, the 295's are a Dell OEM set and the link is good.