PDA

View Full Version : Identity theft by SCAMMERS-This time its 2E0RUM

VK2FAD
07-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Hello All
I would like to advise all to be aware that acammers are using James 2E0RUM's callsign to atttempt to sell a radio. I submitted a post for a tranceiver and recieved the following email.

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:38:08 -0700
> Subject: Looking for a Kenwood TS950SDX in excellent condition.
> From: 2e0rumjames@gmail.com
> To: johnvk2fad@hotmail.com
>
> --

> Kindly advise if you are still interested in purchasing the requested
> items as i have in stock for sale and other items you might need.
> What's your phone #?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> J Cassar
> Farnborough GU14
> England
> 2E0RUM

I looked up 2E0RUM's callsign on QRZ and as you can see James he has a different email. I decided to email James from his QRZ email address and was soon replied to by "The real James". He was unaware of this. I am posting this on here for James to alert all of this issue. James Cassar 2E0RUM - Please refer to M6TOP is not selling equiptment. His QRZ page has been hacked and he is currently blocked.This scammer is using the GMAIL account. This has been seen prior on these posts. I personally have been caught by these pieces of s --- . All be aware of these low lives using Gmail accounts with someones callsign and offering good deals. Regards John Vk2fad

EC7MA
07-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks John. As I also wrote to me offering a keyer. Beware of these scammers

G4SEN
07-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes he responded by email to a post I made, with exactly the same wording as above. Seeking payment for items through Western Union. Scammer is using the gmail account. Beware everybody!

M3LSX
10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
We have just had a post allegedly by James 2E0RUM on a UK forum. The post was made from a Californian IP & the poster was asking for payment in US Dollars..Which is not normal in the UK. I have not contacted James, as the email given was the same as on the QRZ page for 2E0RUM & that profile was updated just before the post on our forum..So be warned this scammer may again be attempting to pirate this callsign.
The current email account on the QRZ profile & the sales advert is james2e0rum@yahoo.com..Not a dot UK address.

KA1J
10-15-2012, 11:16 AM
He is now trying to sell me a Peter Dahl transformer for my Alpha 77SX in response to my QTH ad looking for one. His email address now is as above, james2e0rum@yahoo.com

#######!

ad: dxeng