PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tuner Rip off Artist Bill . . . . N2VZ

KK9W
05-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I ordered one of these the beginning of April and still waiting. At first it was . . . shipping Monday, Shipping Monday, now it is got behind and shipping tommorrow. that was 2 weeks ago. Won't return calls,respond to emails. He picked the wrong person to screw. I will pursue him to the end of time. First is sheriff or local police where he lives. He is nothing more than thief. I'm out $253 bucks as of today.

There are posts all over the internet with problems with this man. Anyone else have problems with him??

WD5GWY
05-13-2012, 04:41 PM
A lot of people have had problems in the last year or so. Not being a butt or anything like that.
But, since you have already stated that there are posts all over the internet complaining about
him, did you not do some research before purchasing a Turbo Tuner from him?
This has been going on for quite some time now. Doing a Google search would have revealed this
to you very quickly.
There are some good dealers selling the Turbo Tuners now. Including HRO and some others.
He is spending most, if not all his time taking care of their orders. Going thru one of them would
have got you better customer service.
Good luck and sorry to hear you are having problems. In the past he did provide good customer
service. Unfortunately, that is not the case anymore. If you have an IC-7000 there are better and
cheaper options available and much better customer service.
james
WD5GWY

G4SRN
05-14-2012, 09:36 AM
If YOU new their were problems with this person why did you have anything to do with him ? let alone purchase anything from him without using a credit card or Pay Pal to pay with, I hope I am correct in assuming you have to have a good brain to be a fire officer ? why did you allow this to happen to yourself ?

Regards, Dave.

N0AZZ
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I purchased one 2 weeks ago said it was in stock for a Kenwood TS-480HX ordered it paid trying to finish a new install and still nothing.

NK7Z
05-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Please keep us informed of your progress... I have an outstanding order with N2VZ as well.

WB2WIK
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I purchased one 2 weeks ago said it was in stock for a Kenwood TS-480HX ordered it paid trying to finish a new install and still nothing.

Well, at least it didn't blow up.:o

AD6KA
05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Ham Radio Outlet shows they are selling SIX of his products:
Go here and under "Model# or Keyword" at the
left of the page type in the words "Turbo Tuner".
http://www.hamradio.com/search.cfm

Call HRO and see if they are in stock.
If yes, cancel your order both with the original
seller AND via your Credit Card Company.
(Ask for a chargeback for non-shipment)

Worth a try. At least HRO will get back to you
swiftly and not LIE to you.
Ken, AD6KA

N0AZZ
05-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Follow up I canceled the order to Bill and stopped the payment on my credit card. I then ordered one from HRO it will be here Monday.

WIK you trying to tell me something else that I should have known before hand and didn't? With my luck that may well be the case. Something else I didn't checkout beforehand so I guess his lifetime "No Matter What" warranty may not be as great as he makes it sound, I hope it would be a quicker response to it than an order lol.

On HRO having them all but 3 of those were spoken for when I bought mine Ken. I can't beleive that I didn't see your response sooner but Thursday morning they didn't have any of the Kenwood ones and they had been back ordered for sometime they told me. When I called back on Friday to get my name on the waiting list I was told that they had came in Thursday afternoon fine by me I ordered and they shipped.

KK9W
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
The reason I placed the order was my friend ordered one a week before me and got it in 3 days. He is a ham and highly recommended it. I did not think to search about any problems with this person till I started getting the run around from him then nothing. It's been over a month and nothing. This man is nothing more than a thief. Make sure you blame the victim now like it is my fault.

73 . . . de Steve W0SPS

KK9W
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Also note I ordered on from AES and had it in 2 days. I think I will let HRO and AES know who they are dealing with.

N0AZZ
05-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Mine was not a waste of time I use Pay Pal and then use a credit card with them my money was refunded in less than 24 hrs. I would say you have had no dealings whatever with this vendor so your opinion means less than nothing as you have no experence and "LITTLE COMMOM SENSE YOURSELF" for making statements about others. And in a not so subdued statement as well as called him a liar, a child, stupid and should have never posted.

I bit for the tuner and I am none of the above just read the reviews on it and if you confronted me with those comments it would not be well received at all, we will leave it at that. Perhaps you comments are better suited to things you are more familiar with and general in nature being you are new and have so few posts.

KO4GS
06-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Fred - I agree wholeheartedly with your reply to G4SRN. His comments were totally out of line. Sure, we should all do our due dilligence - I thought I did by reviewing the product comments on eHam - all were very positive regarding the quality and performance of the turbo tuner. There was no mention of ripoffs and poor customer service that I can recall. In fact, eHam has a stated policy of NOT posting any comments regarding customer service - that is unfortunate so readers beware. I only realized that after posting my own experience with Bill Kantz and noting that the losting was never placed 'live' on the site - After reading the eHam review policies I realized they would not post such comments.

I am also a victim having ordered a Turbo Tuner on 16 April with a promise to ship on 24 April. No response from him after his last reply on 21 April. None of the big resellers stock the tuner for the FT-857 so I had no choice but to order direct. I see that he is no longer accepting orders from his web site - and there is still no FT-857 tuners at the resellers. All very unfortunate since the product is well-liked and would've served me well. I missed the 45 day limit to dispute the transaction via PayPal so I contacted my credit card company who was extremely helpful. Now I just need to find an alternative to the turbo Tuner for my FT-857. Perhaps the better RF product...

73, Howard
KO4GS

K6DEA
06-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Seriously? I think the FCC should Administer Psych Exams before allowing someone to receive a FCC license. It's just too bad the Crooks have to be apart of the HAM COMMUNITY.

WY3Q
07-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Follow up I canceled the order to Bill and stopped the payment on my credit card. I then ordered one from HRO it will be here Monday.

WIK you trying to tell me something else that I should have known before hand and didn't? With my luck that may well be the case. Something else I didn't checkout beforehand so I guess his lifetime "No Matter What" warranty may not be as great as he makes it sound, I hope it would be a quicker response to it than an order lol.

On HRO having them all but 3 of those were spoken for when I bought mine Ken. I can't beleive that I didn't see your response sooner but Thursday morning they didn't have any of the Kenwood ones and they had been back ordered for sometime they told me. When I called back on Friday to get my name on the waiting list I was told that they had came in Thursday afternoon fine by me I ordered and they shipped.

Guys,
Even if you order the Turbo Tuner from HRO or another place, Bill Kantz doesnt honor his warrenty. He doesnt answer calls and doesn't respond to emails. I sent my unit back for repair in November 2011 and have tried numerous times to contact him. As of mid July 2012, I still have not had ANY reply to my calls, emails, and registered letters. So his claim of Lifetime no matter what warranty for parts & labor. Unless the case is charred or melted and maybe even then if you have a good story. is WORTHLESS. The other members of my radio club have either cancelled orders or are still waiting for warrenty repair just like other stories on the web.
P Bailey.

K9LOL
07-20-2012, 04:53 AM
If this man is ripping people off it may be worth contacting the DA in his town and seeing if there's anything they can do. I understand they deal with things like this.

ad: chuckmartin