PDA

View Full Version : DNJ Radio, RM Italy

KB9ZES
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
After making a purchase in Jan 2012, This company has dickered around asking questions, refusing to answer questions, then accused me of doing something to their product which now they refuse to allow me to return their product for a refund.
Their excuse: The warranty has expired.

G4SRN
05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Please tell us all the "FULL STORY" not a teaser like this,was it a tranceiver,microphone,linear amp,antenna system or portable handset you purchased? was it new or second hand? if it was a tranceiver did you "FLASH" new software onto it? what was the fault of the equipment? did you play around with it? please dont "BAD MOUTH" companies until the "FULL STORY" is disclosed (their are always two sides to a story & YOU may be in the wrong) & why did you purchase it from ITALY to be opperated in the UNITED STATES? Its certainly "NOT LOCAL" for shopping even on the internet. I look forward to the next exciting installment of this story. Regards, Dave.

ON8CB
05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Let me guess the history...
You bought from DNJ a Power Amplifier produced by RM Italy.
You plugged the amplifier to your rig and realized that the power isn't the one RM/DNJ claims to be.
After some attempts to reach the highest power possible, the amplifier stopped his operations and it's just the preamplifier working.

The issue: Amplifier Final Stage not working;
What you want: Repaired amplifier;
What they replied: PA Transistors/FET are not in warranty;
What RS says: Do not overdrive the PA.
What RS did: No overdrive protection for the PA.
What you have now: A very nice RED or SILVER heatsink (color depends on the model) and one or two fans (optional).

Well, that's my experience...

KB9ZES
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
The issue has since been resolved.
I apologize to DNJ for the rude and haste comment.

N8WWM
06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Perhaps the problem would not have been resolved if there was not a world wide complaint on the 'zed. In any case, an amp that requires less than 50 watts drive to operate from 24-35mHz is, as I seem to recall, illegal to sell in the USA.

FYI of all hams...DNJ operates out of the back of a strip mall in California. The guy who operates the "store" is named Hwang, and he REALLY hates that people know this. You guess why.

73 Doug

N0ZNA
06-08-2012, 07:32 AM
they are bad 10 and 12 mtr amps also...73 de JW

ad: wmr-top