PDA

View Full Version : LIDO Mounts is still at it

N7IL
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I wish I had read the posts about LIDO Mounts before I went and did business with them. The most recent post I read here in QRZ was from 2009.

They still operate the same way. Takes 3 weeks to get your item in the mail. Apparently, I was lucky enough to receive something in 3 weeks.

I finally did receive an item from them, but it was not what I ordered and it was for someone on the other side of the US. I ordered a bluetooth adapter and received a motorcycle mount for a tom tom. Good going, Jim.

Call them and you'll talk to an answering machine and never hear back. Live chat isn't, its more like the answering machine. You'll never hear back.

Final word: If you like being frustrated by an on line business, this is the one for you.

W3RXO
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I have had similar complaint with Lido. I have had better luck with their products, when purchased from a retailer, like the major ham radio stores that we are ALL familiar with. That said, I get a clean install with products from VSM (Vehicle Specific Mounts), which I purchased through an internet search. I believe the online retailer was called My Radio Store, or something similar to that. It's been several years since buying ANYTHING from Lido. While their products are generally high quality, they have terrible customer service, at Lido, and I refuse to buy ANYTHING from a company so out of touch with their customers.

N0AZZ
05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Wish I had saw this earlier. I ordered 2 mounts direct from Jim when I received the order the main mount (a goose neck one) for a IC-2820 the package had been opened a sealed plastic bag. and the where the head unit needed to attach there was only a knob with a screw no head of any kind GONE! The shipping box was perfect so that wasn't the problem.

The other mount for a HT didn't fit at all and I ordered 2 microphone mounts received 1 still charged for 2. Tried to call a few times left messages and sent emails requesting the missing parts and a RMA for the wrong mount all of those have gone unanswered thus far.

See these ads for his mounts everywhere thought they would fine to deal with NOT, well at least only a little over $40 lost if I get nothing back.

VE2ZHP
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I tried a little while back to order items from Lido mounts and never received an answer to my e-mails. I later found out that Lido Mounts was purchased by the NGC Company and when I contacted them , i received prompt service and not too long after the items that I ordered. As for the Lido mounts e-mail address, it's never answered so go by way of the NGC sales e-mail address.

Cheers

Janusz ve2zhp

ad: giga-rw