PDA

View Full Version : steve the rip off

M3GSR
12-16-2011, 02:49 PM
a note 2 you all just becarefull when dealing with a guy from exeter called steve who likes to rip people off. i took a radio off him regards a deal we did almost 6-12 months ago. so i caught up with him in turo at the rally and took this radio untill he came up with mine the radio only lasted 2 months and now its stoped working he gave me a 6months warranty but now he refuses to pay for the repair and its my fault so tuff luck. he runs a club in and around exeter and this is how he treats his members and ham friends. ive heard that hes done this to other people so it must stop because its giving exeter a bad name also an insult to radio hams all over the world he should be helping newcomers to the airwaves not ripping them off with bad equipment.

AD6KA
12-19-2011, 04:20 AM
he runs a club in and around exeter

Does the club have meetings?
Perhaps attend one, stand up, and call him out on his scam?
Just a thought....73, Ken AD6KA

M3GSR
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
ive tried but nothing ive also been chasing him around the area at local radio rallies but more lies he tells you hes popping round to see you but never turns up. and thanks for the reply ken.

G0LLG
01-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi I have just read your post regarding the rip off you have suffered. If you know the guy's call sign then Identify him on hear so that we can all avoid him. I had a dealing of this sort back in the 1980's and the local group that I was a member of ensured that his name and call sign got around very quickly. I hope that 2012 is a better year for you.
Damien

WA3VZK
01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Great idea, I shure would and enjoy every minute watching his face and the other members!!

M3GSR
01-19-2012, 04:24 PM
thanks for everyone who has read my notes. i will let you all know soon who he is with his call sign im just waiting for some feed back from other stations he has ripped off and im getting legal adivice so just bare with me for the moment.

M3GSR
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
im so angry that this guy has ripped me off he still wont answer my calls. so i will give you all hes call signs so try and avoid buying radio gear from him he also sells on ebay 2. here are his call signs M3WRS, M0ZZT, 2E0WRS, and his ebay name radio-hitt. and when he goes to these radio rallies the store he runs is the DEVON & EXETER DX GROUP. i hope everyone thats reads this will not get caught out but this guy like i did big time and is costing me extra money.

M3WRS
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
im so angry that this guy has ripped me off he still wont answer my calls. so i will give you all hes call signs so try and avoid buying radio gear from him he also sells on ebay 2. here are his call signs M3WRS, M0ZZT, 2E0WRS, and his ebay name radio-hitt. and when he goes to these radio rallies the store he runs is the DEVON & EXETER DX GROUP. i hope everyone thats reads this will not get caught out but this guy like i did big time and is costing me extra money.

M3WRS (Devon & Exeter DX Group) lets put this right from now i owned bill over 350.00 for a radio a icom pro which should have come to our club which we never got in so i did not let him down so at the truro rally this being around june/july last year i give him the money for a radio there so he found a radio which was a JRC transceiver with power supply this has been svc by castle this was for sale by Worsley Communications of cornwall so he asked if i could get it for a better price i got 50.00 knocked off the price so he give me 165.00 to my 350.00 and i give it to Robin Worsley and bill went with robin to his car and he had the radio so i canot see i should warrant a radio which was never mine in the first place he had the radio which robin had given him a 90 day but not coving the PA unit from receit robin give him he had it 149 days then blown the radio i was told by a few mate he was trying to tune full power into a auto ATU which was 150 watts tune up learn how to tune your radio on low power 20/25 watts you may not blown a PA unit again if i was a rip off why my bay is 100% with over 1400 deals you all can look it up radio-hitt thank you just putting the facts for all to see steven M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group)

M3WRS
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM

second follow up to yeserdays reply i know bill M3GSR for many years and over that time myself and club members have had many of deals with bill M3GSR over this time most though the club a few with myself on my own items lets start first i sold him a kenwood ts950s which is his main radio in the shack which he still has after a good 4 years this was my own radio not to do with the club then he had a yaesu 736r base radio 2/7 with cctss fitted he had that over 2 years and still have midland CB 76900 base radio which he has now sold but had about 5 years 2 x yaesus 101 Z & 101 ZD both these we took back in part Ex for him he had these for about 1 year plus he bought the second kenwood TS950 SD this was though the club he had this about a week but then it wound not fit in the shack so we took this back for him and in PX he had a yaesu FT757 line up which he still has back plus we owed him 350.00 this being the radio he wanted from the other dealer not us at the cornwall radio rally so over the years we have dealed with a lot more radios with bill M3GSR which most he now gets trade or less as we had had many deals in the past i hope all around the world reads this Thank you Steve M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group) Ps i am not hiding because this is the way it is. It just looks bad but this is my reply to this as one would say 2 sides to a deal or story and this is mine

M3WRS
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
steve M3WRS (Devon & Exeter DX Group) we also used our courer to send Bills radio back to Jeff At Castle in Wales this cost 30.00 with it fully insured which he has not pay for he owes this to me i think this goes as far as it going it looks like he hoping people will feel sorry for him thank you hope this clears this up with all on here sorry not replyed before but i did not know it has been put on the net i know it has now been put on a few sites Many thanks Steve M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group)

M3GSR
02-07-2012, 10:17 PM
this statement is not true because he said he was going to pay for delivery. and a few days later he rang castle in wales and said he would pay for the repairs in full for the jrc as long as the radio would be sent back to his house. because i said no he refuesd to pay even knowing i had 6 months warranty on radio.so now i will be getting legal advice.

M3GSR
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
ive have read this statement from steve and its a complete load of lies.ive spoken with robin over the phone and he said he did the deal with steve. i only took this radio as ransom for my icom pro to which i have been chasing for 6months or more.i confronted him in september at the newton abbott rally and he said the pro was sat at home and would drop around later but never turned up.i have other radio hams who heard him say this and they cant belive hes caught me again.

M3GSR
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
i have never had dealings with other club members only with steve so this is all lies to.and i didnt get any trade he would charge me full price. and speaking with other radio hams around no has heard of any members that belong to his so called group so a few more lies.

M3GSR
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
refence to this delivery charge of 30.00 i do not owe steve he told me he will pay for radio to be sent to castle and kept coming up my place for a week giving me reciepts. and then a few days later i had a e-mail from castle asking for a despoit i said why because it had a 6 months warranty on it. then a few days later i was told by castle that steve would pay in full the repair work to the jrc but he wanted the radio sent to his house. i said no because its my radio and i will never see it again so after a few days castle was trying to get old of steve for this despoit but no answer then a couple of days steve pulled out and refused to pay.

M3WRS
02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
i only owed you the 350.00 as far as it is. You have this radio off the other dealer so i given you the money which i owned you and paid back this being the return of the Kenwood TS 950SD Plus 500.00 i paid out for as well for the Yaesu 757 Line Up Plus 350.00 making 850.00 returned to bill M3GSR with the 165.00 of your money to buy this JRC the second radio from the same dealer from Cornwall so why is this down to me i paided you back in full take it up with robin yourself i know he does not do more than 90 days after buying it you blown the PA Unit after 149 days no dealer in the uk would cover the PA Unit More Than 90 days in the uk on a second hand radio this is the end of it this is my last remark to this thank you steve good luck M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group)

ad: jbsims