PDA

View Full Version : Lido Mounts Missing in Action?

K0RGR
04-29-2011, 08:58 PM
I ordered two mobile mounts from Lido several weeks ago and paid via credit card. I received a notice from a 3rd party shipper that the units were being sent via USPS Priority Mail. That was on the 18th. Using the tracking number, USPS can only confirm that the shipper gave them notice that they intended to ship something, but there is apparently no record of it being received at USPS.

Emails to Lido have gone unanswered, and I tried calling - their phone is not accepting calls and their voicemail is full. Has Lido vanished?

WC5P
06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
I was at the Hamcomm Hamfest today.

Comet is now selling the Lido mounts under their name.

It looks like Lido is probably out of business.

KF5FEI
06-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I was at the Hamcomm Hamfest today.

Comet is now selling the Lido mounts under their name.

It looks like Lido is probably out of business.

Yeah, but R-A-M had a similar mount as well. The vendor situation in Plano was pretty sad this year.

WC5P
06-12-2011, 02:53 AM
The RAM mounts are exactly the same. According to the Comet guy, they got into a trademark conflict, so they had to stop using the RAM brand name. Bottom line is, the same Lido mounts are still available, but Lido the company appears to be gone.

KF5FEI
06-12-2011, 03:57 AM
The RAM mounts are exactly the same. According to the Comet guy, they got into a trademark conflict, so they had to stop using the RAM brand name. Bottom line is, the same Lido mounts are still available, but Lido the company appears to be gone.

I looked at the R-A-M mount one vendor had, and the mount at the Comet booth next to the raffle table, and the aluminum stalk on the R-A-M seemed to be a larger diameter. Either would probably hold a control head, speaker and mic, but the lighter one might not hold a whole radio.

WC5P
06-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Actually, I think we both might have the name incorrect. VIS was selling RAD mounts, not RAM. The catalog was for RAD, but some of the mounts were in Lido packages. Same model numbering convention except for the brand name. The catalog showed about 20 different models, but they only had about half of them in stock.

ad: giga-rw