PDA

View Full Version : Android 2.1 BlueTooth/Wired headsets with Echolink

M3XEM
03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Google Androids standard 2.1 firmware from Vodajoke sorry I meant Vodafone
Samsung Galaxy S or GTi9000 (called other things)
HTCs also suffer with this "Audio in speaker only problem"

Can anybody tell me if they have been using their wired or bluetooth
headset without a problem? and if so what are you using?. I've been noticing Samsung and HTC Android versions of Echolink only allow the received audio through the speaker and NOT the headset, despite trying settings etc and a Sony Ericsson MW600 Stereo BT Headset, pairs to everything iPod Touch4 with Echolink is perfect and sounds great, CB Radio Chat in Android works great on the Samsung but not Echolink :/ , although I frown at the content of the Guest Channel in CB radio chat at least there are others, I digress. Is there an Official Echolink Forum?

http://files.qrz.com/m/m3xem/m3xem_new.jpg

WG8Z
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a Hardware issue. Headset works fine on my Commtiva z71 w 2.1

M3XEM
03-03-2011, 07:08 AM
thanks I'm going to try some custom ROMs out at http://www.xda-developers.com I'm going for Darkys 9.3 for Samsung Galaxy S / GTi9000 as the videos of it running on Youtube are impressive. will report back.

KC7TWW
03-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Once you are in QSO you can switch the settings. I use my Droid Incredible to output through an AUX cable to the stereo in my car. I thought it only did speaker only also. But again once you get into QSO you can change the sound settings.

K0RGR
03-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Once you are in QSO you can switch the settings. I use my Droid Incredible to output through an AUX cable to the stereo in my car. I thought it only did speaker only also. But again once you get into QSO you can change the sound settings.
Thanks for the tip! It took me while to find the option - it's under the Menu button, not under Settings. Now, my Incredible is even more incredible.

ad: CommRadio-1