PDA

View Full Version : ISOPOLE 144 Question

KJ4LXC
02-26-2011, 05:11 AM
I recently came into possession of a isopole model 144 2 meter antenna. The only problem is that it does not have the cones mentioned in the manual. From what i can tell on the web page the cones eliminate the interference from the feed line. So i guess what i am asking is how well will the antenna work without the cones? If it will work how well? From what I can tell is that this is a very good antenna and I don't want it to waste.:confused::confused::confused:

KB4QAA
02-26-2011, 05:51 AM
That's kinda like having a hamburger without the meat. Or a Yagi with only the beam and the driven element.

The cones decouple the feedline, and act as the counterpoise, and help determine the bandwidth.

Maybe you can estimate the dimensions by looking at photos and make replacements from sheet aluminum.I don't think it would be very hard.

Good luck!

KJ4LXC
02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the info. right now im looking for the demensions for the cones to try and make some. hopefully i can find them.

N8CMQ
02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
The original isopoles did not have the trumpet bells. Even when they were added, people still claimed the common mode currents were still there.

WA4BRL
02-27-2011, 03:41 PM
The dimensions in this document may be helpful: CLICK (http://www.repeater-builder.com/aea/aea-isopole-144-antenna.pdf)

ad: Morse-1