PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood TS480HX with Heil Proset (MJ 88 adapter wiring problem)

EI2HPB
02-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Could anyone tell me how to wire the MJ-88 modular to 8 pin adapter to work with my Heil Pro Set... the headset has the kenwood 8 pin end of which there are only 4 wires in use (red, white, black & braid)... I bought the MJ-88 on ebay and it seems to be wired for Kenwood mics like the MC60, MC90 etc... I just need the basic four wires from the modular end to the 8 pin end of the adapter, but I cant figure out which four? Conflicting diagrams on the internet... many thanks...

NG6R
02-12-2011, 02:19 AM
IrishDX,
You've probably already run across this website:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rg4wpw/mj88.html

As far as the colors go, I'd suggest that you contact G4WPW directly. His email contact info is on QRZ.com.

Good luck,
Jerry, NG6R

KA9MOT
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
And be advised that the PTT Ground and Mic Ground are switched on the TS-480. They are different from every other Kenwood.

KK5NZ
03-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Could anyone tell me how to wire the MJ-88 modular to 8 pin adapter to work with my Heil Pro Set... the headset has the kenwood 8 pin end of which there are only 4 wires in use (red, white, black & braid)... I bought the MJ-88 on ebay and it seems to be wired for Kenwood mics like the MC60, MC90 etc... I just need the basic four wires from the modular end to the 8 pin end of the adapter, but I cant figure out which four? Conflicting diagrams on the internet... many thanks...
I had a huge RF problem with the heil mic. I used the heil 8 pin round CC1K cord with the MJ-88 adapter. I switched the wires between pin 7 & 8 and have no more RF issues. move shield from 7 to center pin 8 & blue wire fron center pin 8 to pin 7 problem solved. I still can't get heil to get the modular plug cc1KM cord to work. I've already sent it to them to correct but it still doesn't work. They are very aware of this issue with the TS-480.

K0BG
03-18-2011, 01:08 PM
If you're going to make up your own cables, you might want to read this: http://www.k0bg.com/cable.html

ad: Waters-2