PDA

View Full Version : echolink and hp compaq

W4BCR
12-25-2010, 06:09 PM
I setup Echolink on my HP Compaq CQ62. The laptop has a built in mic and I can't figure out if this is my problem. I can connect to the Echolink test server and I can hear the message. When I do a test, the voice looks like it is modulating and then I unkey the mic and I don't hear a response. It doesn't seem to matter whether I plug in a mic or use the laptop's mic, either way it doesn't work. I am not having any problem on my desktop computer. Thanks

KC5FM
12-25-2010, 08:39 PM
It doesn't seem to matter whether I plug in a mic or use the laptop's mic, either way it doesn't work. I am not having any problem on my desktop computer. Thanks

Does it work with other audio over internet, ex. Skype programs? It sounds like a defective laptop sound card but I'm really not a technician.

You might ask on the Echolink Users Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/echolink/)where over 5600 are waiting to help you.

73 and Merry Christmas

W4BCR
12-25-2010, 11:22 PM
I just tested the built in audio recorder in Windows 7 and it seemed to be working. I have just got to try to figure out the correct way to get the audio through the Echolink software.

73 and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

W4BCR
12-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Well I am not sure what I did, but I deleted the way the ports were configured and reentered the info and it started working. This isn't the way I had the ports configured for my other computers. Thanks for your help.

N1BHH
12-26-2010, 12:10 AM
In most cases you have to configure the router for a particular computer to access Echolink. I have one computer dedicated to my little Echolink node here at home and if I were to do maintenance on the computer and want to have Echolink set up on one of my other machines I have to tell the router to switch access to the other computer.

ad: rfparts