PDA

View Full Version : Ten-Tec Jupiter with Heil Proset

AJ4OM
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I would like to make a pigtail to connect my Heil Proset to my Jupiter. I'm confused about how they make a four pin connection hook up to the mono plug on the headset. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Jason

WB2WIK
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I would like to make a pigtail to connect my Heil Proset to my Jupiter. I'm confused about how they make a four pin connection hook up to the mono plug on the headset. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Jason

It's easy: For a 2-pin mike, you only use the MIC and GND pins on the front panel 4-pin mike connector of the Jupiter. This is clearly shown in Figure 1-3 of the Jupiter manual.

The other two pins, PTT and +9V, aren't needed.

You can use the PTT and GND (PTT and MIC share a common ground pin) if you have a PTT accessory on the Proset, or you can use a footswitch.

Both Ten Tec and Heil sell pre-made cables to do all this stuff, so you don't really have to wire anything if you don't want to.

AJ4OM
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I know that they sell the adapter, but I also figured I had enough parts in the junk box to do it myself for nearly nothing. Thanks for helping me. Now I'm off to go warm up the soldering iron. :D

WB2WIK
12-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I have a Jupiter and use a Heil mike with it, along with a footswitch.

Works fine.

I also had to wire up the XLR connector for the mike and the 4-pin plug for the mike jack on the TT. 30 seconds later, it all worked fine, and it's a good combination!:)

ad: HamShirt-1