PDA

View Full Version : Questions on contest logging

K4LFP
06-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the replies regarding logging software. Still confused, think I will use the ARRL log sheet which lists the following:
Freq since at this time I only work 2 meter, I assume 144, 147 etc is acceptable.
Mode simplex, usb or lsb
Date/Time UTC understand this
Station Worked call sign of contacted station
Complete Exchange Sent Received. Is this the gridsquare information? My gridsquare is FM08. Would I put FM08 in sent?
List New Multipliers I have no idea
Points understand this

The ARRL lists the object of a vhf party "to work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees x 1 degree grid squares.,......"
I have to guess to be valid entries, contacts would be outside my grid square. If I am in FM08, a valid contact would be in FM09, FM07 etc.

Lots of questions, again thank you for helping.

K9STH
06-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Each time you work a new grid square (including your own grid square) you add a multiplier. But, you can work other stations in those same grid squares (including your own) for QSO points.

The exchange is the grid square with a signal report being optional. Most stations give both but only the grid square is required.

FM can be used, but you have to stay away from the normal simplex frequencies and any repeater frequency including both input and output.

Glen, K9STH

ad: dxeng