PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Maxtrac 300 old

KB3QMV
08-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi, can anly one help me with a motorola maxtrac 300 old it needs the code plugs when I turn it on it comes up blank I know it works the model number is D43MJA77A3CK.

MASTERKEYMASTER AT YAHOO(DOT) COM

KB4QAA
08-29-2010, 12:22 AM
have you checked www.batlabs.com ?

they have a lot of motorola info.

KA7O
08-29-2010, 03:14 AM
So, just how many forums did you post this question to?

W6EM
08-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi, can anly one help me with a motorola maxtrac 300 old it needs the code plugs when I turn it on it comes up blank I know it works the model number is D43MJA77A3CK.

MASTERKEYMASTER AT YAHOO(DOT) COM

If the display is blank, it isn't working. No, you don't need a code plug. What is needed is someone with the proper service software to blank the radio, then reinitialize it as one that fits the front panel, provided that the firmware eprom is in the radio.

It's been a while, but if it doesn't have the two digit display, its only a two channel radio.

If it has the two digit display, it can be made into a 4, 6, 8, 16 or 32 channel radio using service software. If it doesn't, and you want a 32 channel radio, here's a trick. Find an old, cheap 800 MHz trunker radio with the two digit faceplate and swap it out. Presto. After a reinitialization, you have a 32 channel radio.

Batlabs has all of the information you'll need. If the eprom containing the firmware is present on the motherboard, their instructions will guide you through the process. Some shops and entities like to disable their old radios by pulling the eproms. Batlabs I think has the information on the right eprom to order if its missing.

Codeplugs are used by other radios like the Spectra, Astro Spectra, Saber, etc. The Maxtrac is defined by the service software and codeplugs are not stored or transferrable into or out of those radios.

ad: WarrenG-1