PDA

View Full Version : ACLog/DX Spotting

N4LCV
08-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I used the 30 day free trial of ACLog about 2 years ago, and I think I remember that there was a way to have DX spots appear at the bottom of the screen. It seems to me that there was something you click in ACLog that turned on the DX spotting program. I've recently paid the $19.00 fee and downloaded ACLog to my computer, but don't remember how to get the DX spotting program open. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks

N4LCV

KD7MSC
08-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I used the 30 day free trial of ACLog about 2 years ago, and I think I remember that there was a way to have DX spots appear at the bottom of the screen. It seems to me that there was something you click in ACLog that turned on the DX spotting program. I've recently paid the $19.00 fee and downloaded ACLog to my computer, but don't remember how to get the DX spotting program open. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks

N4LCV

Click "Settings", "DX Spotting", "Configure" select Telnet option. click open port. enter your callsign.

Hope this helps.

73, Sean

N1YZ
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Thanks

N4LCV

I'm glad to hear that they took your money...did they send you a password?
I've paid them the $19.00 via PayPal, as they requested, back on July 28, 2010, but they never replied, never gave me a password, and the ACLog software is dead, but contains hundreds of inaccessible log entries.
Vry 73,
Rod, N1YZ

N4LCV
09-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Uh Oh! That's not good. Yes, my password came in an email within minutes of the time I completed the purchase on-line. The whole thing was done in way less than 5 minutes. I think you should try to get in touch with the guy who wrote the program and ask about it. Do you have any records to confirm the fact that you paid the $19.00? There's got to be a mistake somewhere.

N4LCV

N1YZ
09-10-2010, 03:09 AM
We've worked out the problem, an email issue on their side.
I've got a password and am a VERY happy AC Log user.
Thanks and 73,
Rod

N4LCV
09-10-2010, 03:42 AM
Super! I'm glad you got it straightened out. I felt like it was just some kind of snafu, and that the best thing to do would be to get in touch with the folks at ACLog, and try to work it out. Remember, "Communiction is a wonderful thing.....WHEN IT HAPPENS!" Problem is that so often when we THINK we have communicated we really haven't. Either because we didn't say it clearly, or because the other person didn't hear it clearly, or just flat out weren't paying attention. Communication doesn't just happen when we say something. Communication happens when we say something AND the other person understands. That's probably why we have gotten into the routine of mailing QSL cards. It confirms that communication HAS HAPPENED. You gave them the right email address, but they got it wrong. And the only way to correct it was to make sure that they received the communication correctly. Sorry, end of sermons, end of soapbox. All's well that ends well. Glad it worked out for you.

Take care

N4LCV

W6UX
09-15-2010, 05:16 AM
I love AC Log, especially the ability to change colors and fonts. I bought their combo package so I get their big suite of contest programs. You can press CTRL+D to bring up the DX Spotting dialog.

WB4IUY
10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Same here, I really like ACLog and have been a happy user for about 2 years or so. Came from Hyperlog, and imported & converted paper logs from all the way back to 1974.

Dave WB4IUY
www.WB4IUY.net