PDA

View Full Version : LDG AT100 pro and the FT-450

N9XAW
06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
We learned after purchasing the AT100 pro with the Yaesu cable that the cable will not work with the FT-450. LDG does not make a cable that will work with the FT-450 although I can't imagine why. You can still use the AT100 pro with the FT-450 but not with the auto tune button feature. The other option is to make your own cable.

NA0AA
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM
We learned after purchasing the AT100 pro with the Yaesu cable that the cable will not work with the FT-450. LDG does not make a cable that will work with the FT-450 although I can't imagine why. You can still use the AT100 pro with the FT-450 but not with the auto tune button feature. The other option is to make your own cable.

Since the AT-100 works fully automatically, it's not that big a deal - if you worry, turn the power way down, switch to AM to do a quick tune, ID and switch back to SSB.

Once you have memorized the antennas you use, you won't do this anymore.

FWIW, I've had 3 LDG tuners, currently have two of them, and they all work just fine with nothing but coax between them and the radio.

WB5PDD
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I also have an FT-450 with an AT-100pro (and G5RV ant) and for ssb I work it just like KG6WOU said.

I just set the AT100 on auto, key the mic and say "heeeeeeeeeeeeello" long enough for the relays to quit chattering. Also as he said, if you're worried about the power during the brief mismatch, just back away from the mic. Some times I just scoot the mic around on the desk a little and that produces enough rf to tune.

If it's ever been there, or close to it, before, it'll tune in milliseconds.

Rick

ad: n4dxb