PDA

View Full Version : Hallicrafters SX-28 Original working condition - $300

N7EP
05-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Beautiful Hallicrafters SX-28 Short Wave Ham Radio Receiver in working excellent condition. I tested it on the broadcast band the reception was very good with a short antenna. A very small hum exists on the output indicating that the power supply filter capacitors need replacement. It receives on all bands but probably net very well without a tuneup.

This radio has been in the bottom of a closet covered with a blanket for the last 30 years. All parts are original except the power cord which I just replaced to see if it would work. All controls and switches function properly. The tuning gears are very smooth. The S meter works but doesn't go to zero so it probably needs calibration. Cosmetically a 9.5. No speaker comes with the radio. The serial number is HA-2896 indicating it was manufactured in the summer of 1944. See http://www.radioblvd.com/SX28Notes.html for a complete description of the SX-28.

Located in Seattle, WA. I won't ship. For more information call 206-824-1273 or email earl_palmer@msn.com.
Thanks, Earl, N7EP

ad: elecraft