PDA

View Full Version : Regency Commercial Band Radio....

KD7OTA
01-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Hello hams,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to program a Regency VHF radio or if anyone had any experience on one. Here is the model number

RMV60B

that is what is listed for the model number. There is a keypad and everything in the front, but I dont know how to program different frequencys in the radio. Any information will be helpful. Thanks. http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

K3SAM
01-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Regency, as a whole, did not release very many programmable commercial radios. They were one of the few side brands that I did carry.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RMV60B
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I&#39;ve never heard of that model. Their VHF programmable VHF radios were the RH600 series and looked more like a scanner than a radio. Wilson, their side partner, made the same radio as a WH6016 series.

If you could take a photo of it, and email it to me, that should tell. (one photo is worth a thousand words &#33http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif I do have the complete service / tech manual for the RH600, which includes programming and schematics.

-Sam

WX4EMT
01-25-2003, 08:55 PM
The RMV 60 B was a wonderful performing radio and in my opinion was ahead of it&#39;s time. In the ten or so years I had one in my vehicle I never had one single problem with it and it always performed it&#39;s job well. I would easily stack it up next to Motorola&#39;s Syntor 9000 and cost a heck of a lot less.

Now to answer your question, the radio requires a programming interface, RSS (software) and a computer. I honestly cannot remember if the radio would do 144 to 148 or not but I think it did. (I was not a ham at the time) The only function the buttons on the front serve is to change channels, dim display, and serve as DTMF. The radio cannot be programmed without the RSS and interface. Contact RELM for that stuff and surprisingly, they have always ben plesant to deal with as well&#33;

73&#39;s
Keith Fronk NREMT-P KG4LEO

W5ATX
01-26-2003, 02:50 AM
I suggest you look at the web page for Brinkley Electronics. Andy is a ham who also has a two-way radio business. One BIG part of his business is programming commercial radios, especially older ones, for hams.

www.brinkleyelectronics.com

I don&#39;t work for him, just know him through message forums and via word of mouth from others who have been very pleased with his work.

Tell him I sent you from batlabs.

Good luck,

Chris

ad: WarrenG-1