PDA

View Full Version : Murch Electronics UT-2000A

KC8FWD
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello My friend has a Murch Electronics UT-2000A.
He thought something was wrong with it as it does not tune dipoles inverted L's or such the best SWR I can get is 1.9? What gives this has no cold solder joints nothing it just doesn't tune well and what is the SPC mod I hear and how do I do it and what type of tuner is this any info would be apreciated thanks Mike KC8FWD

KZ4Y
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi,

I got one. It's the 2000B model and it works fine. It's old but it tunes everything I have very well. Some antennas work better than others but it all works for me. Are you sure you don't have any partly soldered joints in the tuner? Or is the antenna you are trying to tune is close to the resonant frequency... as you are not trying to tune 40M on a 10M antenna or some such thing? Have you tried tuning up your dummy load as a check of the tuner? What frequency is your antenna made for and what frequency are you trying to use with a tuner? Can you give more specifics?

Thanks,
Ken

KL7AJ
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I have one too. Got it right after I got my general ticket in 1974.

See if you can match a dummy load well. You could have a problem with your SWR bridge....or could be a bad connection someplace.

eric

K7MH
01-21-2008, 06:13 PM
2000 watt tuner, 10-80 meters, and has a random wire connection as well as coax connection.

ad: IACantenna-1