PDA

View Full Version : Hamsexy Continues Bullying Innocent People

kc9kow
09-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Nosy Scumbags (http://www.hamsexy.com)

In the above link, on their front page they continue to hound people for no reason than to look like heroes. Hamsexy has always been, and always will be a bunch of nosy reprobates.

Why can't they mind their own frigging buisness instead of poking around in other people's lives? They purport to have had other "victims". Facts point to more than just innocently running across things to bring to the attention of law enforcement.

Does illegal surveillance mean anything? And what has this to do with ham radio on a site that purports to be about that very thing? They obviously swear it's their job to police everyone and everything.

There are people here who are also at their forum. Speak up! Show them for the disgusting idiots that they are!

KC4RAN
09-26-2007, 03:40 AM
While I may not agree with their methods, after watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGtklXLf4k), it looks like the subject of their posts is an idiot that needed someone to tell him to stop.

Chasing cops around, driving 100+MPH pursuing a chase, what an idiot.

kc9kow
09-26-2007, 03:43 AM
+But, the issue is who told them to play God? Who told them that it's any of their concern?

If you watch the video, you'll see that he didn't go anywhere near the chase, and only had his radio on. The lights you see were not his, but that of the squads passing him and that of other traffic. Watch close enough and you'll see it.

KC4RAN
09-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Quote[/b] (kc9kow @ Sep. 24 2007,21:43)]+But, the issue is who told them to play God? Who told them that it's any of their concern?

If you watch the video, you'll see that he didn't go anywhere near the chase, and only had his radio on. The lights you see were not his, but that of the squads passing him and that of other traffic. Watch close enough and you'll see it.
His car appears to be a Crown Victoria (just like many police depts). It's lit up light a police car (http://www.hamsexy.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/cvpi1.jpg)...

And I'm sure he installed a siren (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GlVi6RK1_M) just for fun.

I think I've been to Hamsexy twice and I don't support anyone stalking anyone else. All they did was notice a guy who appears to be a complete douchebag and risk to himself and (mainly) others around him (including law enforcement), and they posted links to his own material.

He had no business chasing those cops during that pursuit. The video appears to show him driving in an aggressive and dangerous manner.

He's an idiot.

W4INF
09-26-2007, 04:50 AM
They helped to bust a WHACKER, good for for them!!

AB9LZ
09-26-2007, 08:23 AM
So... whatever happed to the "defective" radio that Yaesu sold you?

KI4OXD
09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Which hamsexy page has your whackermobile pics?

A71AN
09-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Is this a new ham radio procedure ?

AB9LZ
09-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Quote[/b] (a71an @ Sep. 26 2007,04:11)]Is this a new ham radio procedure ?

Yes, here in the states they sell an all in one radio, emergency light, reflective vest package (call the "whack pack") designed for the beginners that the ARRL is trying to attract to the hobby.

They then encourage those new hams to go out and interfere with local law enforcement and emergency personnel.

73 m/4

WM3O
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Quote[/b] (kc9kow @ Sep. 25 2007,20:35)]Why can't they mind their own frigging buisness instead of poking around in other people's lives? They purport to have had other "victims". Facts point to more than just innocently running across things to bring to the attention of law enforcement.
it is illegal to impersonate a police officer. there are plenty of police officers and civilian police personnel on the internet (hamsexy, youtube, qrz.com) that this guy's days were numbered. hamsexy appears to have just helped that along.

if i come across some whacker that is playing cop and has video of his exploits, i will not walk, but run to notify the proper authorities. this guy needs some serious help before he endangers anymore lives.

in the context of ham radio, the persons that behave like this tarnish the good the ham community does - in the eyes of many in law enforcement and public safety, this is the face of ham radio - some whacker wannabe police.

the fact he was brought to the attention of the local police by other hams might help to polish our image.

-Steve, WM3O

W3WN
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Quote[/b] (a71an @ Sep. 26 2007,07:11)]Is this #a new ham radio procedure ?

No.

But as in activity, given enough time, there's always someone who takes it too seriously, or otherwise goes off the deep end. This appears to be one such induhvidual.

NN3W
09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
This thread title is flawed. #The guy was impersonating a police office. #"Innocent," my azz. #

Chalk one up to hamsexy.

W8GTF
09-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I grow tired of BS like that. I happen to own a Mercury Grand Marquis, and hang out on the web forum at www.crownvic.net. Lots of owners have retired police cruisers, and there are lots of wanna-be's there too (along with quite afew legit LEO's).

I often wonder how these people became that cracked to wanna run around playing cop. I admit that I am sorta looking for a retired police cruiser myself, but not to play cop.

They have a heavier duty electrical system than most cars, and the center console is setup to handle several radio's/electronic equipment. In my mind, nearly the perfect mobile unit.

WA6MHZ
09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Hamsexy is responsible for me taking down my website which featured pics of my radio collection. #While most hams enjoyed it and wanted to see more, these people did nothing but bash and ridicule it. #They said how dirty and disgusting it was (of course, this opinion just from vague photos. #No one did a White glove test!) #They complained how I had them stacked up (Sorry, I don't have a 10,000 sq ft palace to neatly place each one. These are in my living room and space is a #premium!) #They whined because I had too many antennas on my roof. They even attacked my wife JUST because she is Asian! #How LOW can these SOBs go?!! #So I took it down and had many many emails from hams all over the world wishing I would put it back up so they can enjoy it. #I have collected well over 1000 vintage radios and restored them, it is my whole life and love. #But they aren't "NEAT" enough for them. #And the same thing goes for autos. #While some hams do go abit overboard, like this one KC0 with 20 radios on his dash (what happens when he slams on the brakes! #I wouldn't want to be hit by a flying metal radio!!) and 30 antennas on a subcompact, most hams have alteast 2 or 3 for different bands. #Sorry, my 2/450 whip just won't work on 20 meters, and it won't load up on 6 either! #I had 7 antennas at one point on my Town Car, all trunklip mounted so no hole were drilled. #All were needed and used constantly. #2/450, 220, 2M APRS, 6M, CB, 20/15/10, and 40/75/WARC. #So am I a WHACKER for wanting to have all band coverage on the car? #Some could have been trimmed out with a Screwdriver antenna, but you can't have a high efficiency HF/VHF/UHF antenna in one unit. #There is always a compromise somewhere that eats signal both RX & TX. # #No, I don't need any sillyass Flashing lights. #Just how often would anyone ever use one of those? #That is totally ridiculous to put on a car. #But antennas that serve a real use, are used daily and are there for valid reasons should not be ridiculed just because they are unsightly. #I thought about the Yaesu ATLS system but reports I have seen say it is basically an all-band dummy load. #Make the radio happy but don't plan on working any DX on it. #Back to Hamsexy. #This website is the most cruel, heartless and snide site I have ever seen. #They ridicule Hams because they aren't young TV Model studs. #Most hams our age do have a few extra pounds and are not in top physical shape. #We reflect the general population for our age and physique, so why should that be ridiculed? #Hamsexy is the disgrace of the net!

KF4VGX
09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Don't sweat it , I read there quite often and I find it quite entertaining http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

However I find QRZ more entertaining.

Just read these forums and you will see people playing
" GOD" everyday http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif .

KA4DPO
09-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Quote[/b] (wm3o @ Sep. 26 2007,07:24)]
Quote[/b] (kc9kow @ Sep. 25 2007,20:35)]Why can't they mind their own frigging buisness instead of poking around in other people's lives? They purport to have had other "victims". Facts point to more than just innocently running across things to bring to the attention of law enforcement.
it is illegal to impersonate a police officer. there are plenty of police officers and civilian police personnel on the internet (hamsexy, youtube, qrz.com) that this guy's days were numbered. #hamsexy appears to have just helped that along.

if i come across some whacker that is playing cop and has video of his exploits, i will not walk, but run to notify the proper authorities. #this guy needs some serious help before he endangers anymore lives.

in the context of ham radio, the persons that behave like this tarnish the good the ham community does - in the eyes of many in law enforcement and public safety, this is the face of ham radio - some whacker wannabe police.

the fact he was brought to the attention of the local police by other hams might help to polish our image. #

-Steve, WM3O
The owner of that car is a very sick individual and needs some serious help. Outfitting a car like that and playing policeman is adolescent behavior and even most ten year olds know the difference between fantasy and reality.

KD6NIG
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
He had a video of himself "rolling code" somewhere. Chasing someone through traffic.

He's not innocent, period. The lights aren't yellow.

I was personally hoping he would be caught doing something and be busted for it. Just being bothered by the local authorities sends the wrong message to others like him.

If you want to be a cop, get the training and BE ONE.

NN4RH
09-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Is the guy a ham? What's his callsign?

N4AUD
09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Quote[/b] (kc9kow @ Sep. 25 2007,23:35)]Nosy Scumbags (http://www.hamsexy.com)

In the above link, on their front page they continue to hound people for no reason than to look like heroes. Hamsexy has always been, and always will be a bunch of nosy reprobates.

Why can't they mind their own frigging buisness instead of poking around in other people's lives? They purport to have had other "victims". Facts point to more than just innocently running across things to bring to the attention of law enforcement.

Does illegal surveillance mean anything? And what has this to do with ham radio on a site that purports to be about that very thing? They obviously swear it's their job to police everyone and everything.

There are people here who are also at their forum. Speak up! Show them for the disgusting idiots that they are!
It's very poor form to bring an ax you have to grind with one forum onto another.

That being said, wouldn't you have to count yourself among the "nosy scumbags" since you were a member of Hamsexy until you were banned? You made a complete and utter annoyance of yourself there, insulted everyone including veterans and finally got the old heave-ho.

The readers of this forum have only to go over to Hamsexy and see for themselves some of the things you said there. Some areas are not available for non-members, but there is plenty in the areas open to anyone.

Since you are banned there, why do you care what goes on at Hamsexy? Why bring it up here?

Sour grapes, OM?

KD6NIG
09-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Quote[/b] (NN4RH @ Sep. 26 2007,07:24)]Is the guy a ham? What's his callsign?
No, he was a Youtube poster. Don't remember who located the videos. One of them he was following a pursuit (actually he got in front of it and taped it as it passed him). Another was of him chasing someone through town weaving around cars, lights going. There were a few of him and a buddy (I'm guessing) cars sitting in a parking garage with the lights going, and one of each car on a street somewhere, lights going as the other guy tapes the passes.

Like I said, not innocent. An innocent person does not outfit a car like this. There is no legitimate reason to do so, unless you're a LEO for a department and its your department vehicle. And even then, its lighting overkill.

As for it not being ham radio related, not every person on HamSexy is a Ham, either. Doesn't mean its not relevant. If thats your argument, then QRZ should be renamed "whineaboutbush.com" also. The amount of non ham radio related stuff on here easily exceeds HamSexy and Eham combined....

KL7AJ
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Quote[/b] (kc9kow @ Sep. 25 2007,20:35)]Nosy Scumbags (http://www.hamsexy.com)

Um....this might be a newsflash...but QRZ is not Hamsexy. Perhaps if we inquire of the actual offending party, we might obtain an answer.

Just a random thought.

eric

KY5U
09-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Hamsexy serves a purpose as far as Internet reflectors go. They are the conscience of many things we do when we take ourselves too seriously.

K8PG
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Hamsexy is a BUNCH OF TRASH http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

KA5PIU
09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello.

Hamsexy is one of 2 kinds of people.
Cops.
Wannabes.
For a while, I was into Motorola radios, perhaps some of the best radios ever built.
What I do not like is the "Cop factor" of the Motorola radios.
I have used plastic recoloring to come up with red and blue Astro Sabre talkies, to help mitigate this.
I have a SynCom II, a radio that is based on the Spectra, but is not FCC type accepted, it is military or aviation use only, but will all the modes any Spectra can do and uses the same accessories, it can even be set up for the HHCH, takes the same secure modules, etc.
The reaction of this type of people was unreal, I was to send this radio to one of the wackers, for what reasons were not explained.
My solution is to stay as far away from all of it, cops, wackers, the whole bit.
And, yes, I totally agree, this wack job needed to be delt with.
Me? I now hang around military installations and consulates, places where local cops get in trouble for carrying firearms without prior clearance, and I am told about in any case.

KY5U
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Lighten up guys. If you're suprised that they make fun of old fat hams then you have not looked around at hamfests. BTW I am an old fat ham myself and still can laugh at it. When I go to add the HF antenna on my pickup, I have to think about whether I'll have "the Whacker Look". When I was an active FF officer I used a sun visor strobe that i could fold up out of site when not responding to a life threatning call for fear of looking like a Whacker. You can pass my house and you won't see cable running all over the place.

Hamsexy had an effect on all of this and rightly so. Let's not take ourselves so seriously. What they laugh at is in most cases what the general public laughs at only Hamsexy tells us instead of laughing behind our back.