PDA

View Full Version : SKANTI Radios

W2NS
08-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I am looking to start a SKANTI Radio owners discussion group for anyone owning a SKANTI system.

Anyone interested?

KA5PIU
09-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello.

By SKANTI, do you mean the Marine radio products?
If so, the exact same radios were carried, and called GE Marine radios.
The California Highway Patrol had a Motorcycle radio that GE produced from the Marine radio.
The actual radio is produced in Japan.
http://www.mbay.net/~wb6nvh/Rangrcycle1.jpg
They are also called Sailor Radios.

W2NS
09-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I was thinking more of the TRP8250 series of HF transceivers. I have had contact with a few other hams that have TRP8258 transceivers. If you are not familiar with these transceivers, they are very rugged, easy to service, and RS232 controlable.

I used to operate these back when I wend to sea nearly 15 years ago, and recently picked up the equipment second hand. It appears that ship companies are in the proces of upgrading their ship's radio stations and since these units have been discontinued by Skanti (now Thrane and Thrane), many of the service shops are promoting newer equipment.

I have both the TRP8258 250 Watt HF transceiver and R8010 scanning receiver in my home station.

KA5PIU
09-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Hello.

Although I have not even seen the radio in question, it is true that a lot of ship lines are getting rid of older, but totally functional, marine radios.
The neat thing about the Marine radios intended for commercial service is that they normally can be programmed for extra frequencies, even the VHF units.
Some can even do full-duplex.
In the case of HF, this normally means a second receiver that tracks what the transmitter does.
In the case of VHF, there is a diplexer and second receiver.
VHF units normally can only go a little bit out of band without retuning, and the diplexer will Not do the 2 meter split!
VHF units are also 25 KHz step radios, with the newer ones able to do 12.5 KHz narrow channels.
I got a box of the British Motorola Astro Sabre talkies that were in shipboard service, bridge to bridge UHF service.
Other than a power selector switch they are just like any Astro Sabre radio, and even have encryption.
They work great in GMRS service, no mods needed, just RSS.
Note that although the radios are digital, it is British maritime digital, extra channels that are in use only in the UK, Australia, and parts of Canada, not something useful in the US without a firmware update.
So, it is not just SKANTI, but other brands as well, and VHF and UHF as well.

W2NS
09-13-2007, 03:37 AM
I guess I should have clarified SKANTI MF-HF/SSB systems.

These are 100% solid-state radio stations of moderate size that have general coverage receive, and transmit from 410 - 525 kHz and 1.6 - 30 MHz, in power ranges from 250 - 750 watts depending on the model.

These are good for general Ham Radio use (any mode, including FSK), as well as experimenting in the 600 meter band now that 600 meter CW has been discontinued by the commercial and government services.

KA5PIU
09-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello.

Again, not just SKANTI, but most marine MF/HF rigs are like this.
There is really no need to do any mods, they already cover the Amateur bands.
The only really bad thing about marine radios is the lack of filter selections and no true VFO operation.
What is the SKANTI brand of radio going for?
I really like marine HF rigs as they really are all mode out the box, including AM, and FM is but a minor mod away.
Quite a few do 410 KHz to 32 MHz with no gap by just removing the band limits.
So, yes, I would like to learn more about marine radios, but I would like not to limit it just to SKANTI radios.
And, has anybody come up with an Amateur use for the auto-alarm feature?

W2NS
09-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I only started the SKANTI talk since I am very familiar with these and found a few others here in Texas that also got a hold of a set second hand. I use this as my fixed station set and have an ICOM M600 in my car for mobile. Both of these perform very well on the Amateur bands.

Unfortunately, the SKANTI's are not as readily available as the ICOM, SEA, and SGC SSB's, but I found this unit to be built like a tank and fairly easy to service should it have any problems (no surface mount components). As for the ICOM, SEA, and SGC radios, you can find them very reasonably priced in the used market, or you may even get one for the effort of just taking it away from a commercial installation shop. You can even find the matching auto-tuners fairly inexpensively. I have recently seen the Raytheon Model 152 units going fairly inexpensively on e-Bay. I've used one of these offshore equally well on both the ITU and Amateur bands.

On your comments about the tuning knob, I wouldn't recommend a tuning knob for mobile operations; I think that would only make another distraction if you were to try chasing a DX station while driving. Besides, the marine radios are rock-solid once they warm up for a few minutes.

One word of caution though, most SEA models will only work in the ITU bands.

For voice, CW, and FSK (NBDP), you don't need to change or adjust any filters, this is done automatcally when you change the mode switch. I have found that it doesn't matter which manufacturer's radio you use, the built-in filters work exceptionally well (they kind of have to to get the FCC certification for marine use).

I wouldn't fool around with the auto alarm feature on 2182, this is still an active Distress Frequency.

KA5PIU
09-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Hello.

Yes, auto alarm is active on 2182, but what about 500 KHz?
I do agree, marine radios are a cut above most amateur models.
And, although I have no use for the auto alarm feature as such, I find the signalling scheme to be really neat.
SelCal and ALE are totally cool features, but usually only found in the later radios.
So, how about a more generic, marine radio amateur forum, something that covers all makes and models?

W2NS
10-02-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm not against it, but I would be inclined to think that most people would be model-specific when it comes to repairs an modifications. (Take a look at www.mods.dk to see what I mean.)

The issues I have found is that for some models, information is difficult to come accross and the best source of info is retired technicians that have worked on the specific equipment during their careers.

KA5PIU
10-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Hello.

True, but the exact same radio may be under several brands.
SKANTI is Sailor radio as well as GE maritime mobile products, all the same radio except for labeling and perhaps a minor change in connectors and markings.
And, unlike most radios, marine radios were built for ease of service as well as reliability.
So, a shop that worked on Apelco could just as easily work on a SKANTI.
I am not saying to cover other radios, just the same radios under all of the brands.
And, to make this clear, GM marine radios are unlike all other GE radio products by far, they were not even made by GE.

VU2XMX
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi!
Though this seems to be old thread and may be of not much interest to anyone, I am writing this to say that I had modified synthesiser for a Skanti exciter some ten years ago and used them for long time with excellent results on all amateur bands ( with a JRC amplifier). I will try to find that hand written data if a ham wants to modify a Skanti (Sait) equipment.
73, Prem

VU3MES
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
like somebody have mentioned many marine radios are being thrown out of the ships coz they are being upgraded. i have recently located a standard radiofone swidish make marine txcvr model no. st950a in very good shape, the out put is is 800 watts out of the box. but my efforts to locate a manual or schematic for this radio has not succeeded so far. i tried in this august forum also with two postings to see if i get some replies but no chance. one swedish ham wanted 30 euros for a copy of manual which is not a truly hams way to get some help. so the rig still lies un-attended and i still hope some good samaritans will help me out soon.

73s

vu3mes
satyan

W2NS
08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Satyan,

Good day.

While I have not had many replies to my original post, I still monitor once in a while.

Have you had any luck in locating any information on your new find? I am always searching for manuals to scan and then upload to the free websites. While I have not heard of this particular make or model, I will keep an eye out for any information.

Matt
W2NS

VK4QC
10-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi, I have just acquired a Skanti TRP-8000 marine radio which has the BLW96 output transistors and delivers 400w PEP.

As it is, the unit will not TX on LSB although RX is fine. I have been told there is an EPROM mod which requires only a single digit change to allow the radio to TX on LSB. Does anyone know about this mod? Also any other info about ham mods to this radio would be most appreciated.

73, Peter VK4QC

K7GQ
10-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi Matt

I had a TRP 7200 on my sailboat until it sold a year or so ago. I had added the DSC unit to comply with GMDSS. I was really impressed with that radio - especially the speed of the tuner - but didn't find the step tuning ham friendly. I did make one QSO with it while at anchor in Djibouti and heard my neighbor in Nevada on 20m SSB.

I rather miss the big lug ...

Harry

SA0AQN
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi all !

I'm currently using a " Sailor System 5000 " A very compact and reliable Rig :-)
It's manufactured By Sailor / Thrane & Thrane.
Output is said to be around 150W but when in monitor mode I can see that the actual output is closer to 200W.

The Control unit is just 10cm x 20cm, but very well organized.
A big TFT display with all the info i need during QSO, even my Position ( Lat/Long )
Normally it only operates HF USB, Marine bands but with a quick setup in Softmenu, New bands easily added and LSB is enabled.
It comes with a very fast acting ATU and just now fitted with a ~9M long Vertical antenna.
The antenna is mounted 22 metres above sea level, and Groundplane / Counterpoise is 144 x 23 metres Steel hull,
and total weight of steel is abt. 5 500 tons.
It works like a dream on all Amateur HF Bands, Most reports also excellent audio.
The Rig sits onboard a Tanker vessel where i work as Navigation Officer / GMDSS Operator.
I have been working a lot of stations around 10 000 Km distance with decent results.

I work in 6 week periods, all around the year, Op mostly 20 and 80 meters bands.

My callsign onboard is " SH8IP / MM "

73 de SH8IP Jan.

W2NS
01-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Jan and the gang,

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while (had a baby this past year), but am happy to see all of the posts. I have also received quite a few private messages on my gmail account from guys working with Skanti gear. I don't remember if I had included in one of my posts that I went to sea way back when as both Nav Officer and Radio Op (prior to the GMDSS requirement).

Anyway, does everyone here think there is enough interest to start a yahoo group to discuss Skanti gear, or expand the topic to Marine MF/HF equipment?

Matt

W6BTS
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes, I for one would very much like to see a "Skanti" users group here.

W5LF
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Hello Guys
I'm W5LF and I've worked in the marine electronics field since 1972 (right out of the USN). I purchased a number of the Skanti 8258s series (US ship approved) when I was with Coastal Marine and I will say it was the only Marine radio that was enjoyable to operate. I also had the program setup for LSB as marine generally is strictly USB no matter the band.

Dick Garrett, WA5CHK out of Houston has a bunch of these and provides the industry with shop repaired boards. I have 2 of the 8258s transceivers (one by Furuno, who licensed this model) and one 8750 (750 watts out) and several control heads. Currently, I have a 51' JRC main shipboard antenna (made for MF or 410-512khz and HF 2-25mhz mounted on my property in a 3'x3'x3' concrete foundation (3600 lbs) and a crank-down mount for the antenna. I haven't put together or burried the radials yet. I did get a MF tuner from Dick so if I get an experimenters license for 500khz I can go to town with that tuner and the SKanti (Dick also set me up with a eprom to allow MF on the radio).

Will monitor this blog from time to time to see how you guys are doing.

73's
Cliff Ward W5LF
(ex WA5LVG)
Dripping Springs, TX

W5LF
04-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello Guys
I'm W5LF and I've worked in the marine electronics field since 1972 (right out of the USN). I purchased a number of the Skanti 8258s series (US ship approved) when I was with Coastal Marine and I will say it was the only Marine radio that was enjoyable to operate. I also had the program setup for LSB as marine generally is strictly USB no matter the band.

Dick Garrett, WA5CHK out of Houston has a bunch of these and provides the industry with shop repaired boards. I have 2 of the 8258s transceivers (one by Furuno, who licensed this model) and one 8750 (750 watts out) and several control heads. Currently, I have a 51' JRC main shipboard antenna (made for MF or 410-512khz and HF 2-25mhz mounted on my property in a 3'x3'x3' concrete foundation (3600 lbs) and a crank-down mount for the antenna. I haven't put together or burried the radials yet. I did get a MF tuner from Dick so if I get an experimenters license for 500khz I can go to town with that tuner and the SKanti (Dick also set me up with a eprom to allow MF on the radio).

Will monitor this blog from time to time to see how you guys are doing.

73's
Cliff Ward W5LF
(ex WA5LVG)
Dripping Springs, TX

W6BTS
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have good contact info for Dick Garrett, WA5CHK..?
I'd like to see what conversions and/or upgrades he can offer for my Skanti.

Tks & 73,

Dave Santoro
W6BTS

MW0HAP
05-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi
I'm new to your discussion group but as I have a fair amount of experience with these sets.(I,until I retired used to service HM Coastguards HF sets).The only probable weak link in these sets is the SMPS smoothing C's.When they start to go faulty they don't do it gracefully but with a bang which can see off a lot of associated components.In extreme cases it turns the control board to a charred mess.
The config prom in the control unit can be reprogrammed to turn thr transceiver into a standard HF set.

F8DSI
05-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi gents,

I could luckilly salvage a Skanti TRP8401D (Marine SSB version) from the skip, when the vessel on which I worked at the time she was in dry dock was fitted with a new generation equipment.

It's now installed at home, and I'd like to use it as a ham radio transceiver, by addition of LSB and CW to the present available working modes. To that end, Eprom has to be upgraded, PA filter modified/replaced, so to get adequate frequencies coverage, and control panels modified accordingly.

Could someone give me some hints about this mods, and/or link me to a specific website that could help? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Romain / F8DSI

MW0HAP
05-18-2010, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=F8DSI;1936730]Hi gents,
Hi F8DSI
To convert your transceiver for Ham use the config. prom will need reblowing.
You may be lucky in so much as the PA filter assy. is the continuous type as opposed to marine bands one. However the keypad might be problematic as it will probably be a marine one.ie 2182 facilities on it.No cw,LSB or narrow band or BFO.Although thr keypad will not be a standard HF item the keys are still available under the membrane.Come back to me if you need more help.

F8DSI
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi MW6ABP,

Tnx for your answer .

Regarding the PROM reblowing, a PROM address/data table set for continuous coverage and ham specific modes, as stated in my previous email (CW, LSB...), would be very helpfull, should you have such a table available.
I could notice some parameters that will have to be changed (chapter 5 of the manual), but I am not experienced with this kind of operation (never had to perform something like that...). I think I'll have to do the blowing operation with help of friends anyway as I am not equipped with the necessary tools/knowledge.

The PA filters is unfortunately a specific Marine bands model; nonetheless, as most of the ham frequencies will be within the range of them, I won't bother too much to get another one. I'll just take care not to use the 30, 17 and 10m bands.

The keypad shouldn't be an issue. I've already noticed the presence of the controls below the membrane.

I'll let you know eventually about the mods. For the time being, I am collecting tips and hints about them.

Regards,

F8DSI

W5KCM
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
They make a full function keyboard membrane that can be installed into your control unit. The one on my TRP-8250 is a part number 343 688 73. Do you have the newer square black control unit or the older grey rounded model?

F8DSI
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello W5KCM,

Sorry for the late replay, but I was at sea since the end of May, with no convenient internet link, and no precise data available about the Skanti anyway. I'm back home since yesterday, thus the delay....

Tnx for the tips (incl. P/N) about that full function membrane. Whom do you refer to at the beginning of your email? Have you got by chance the coordinate of "they"?

I happen to have two CU's; one is a grey/rounded model (TRP 8250S - P/N 343 608 11) whereas the other is a black/squared one (TRP8401S - no obvious P/N). That latter unit was found not working a few minutes ago, when I went to the shack in order to pick up the above data; it just beeps shortly, the TX starts briefly then stops. I didn't investigate yet, but could start the TX with the grey unit, so it must be the black Control Unit that bugs...If you have any explanation about it, it would be welcome.
Should it be too complicate to fix the black CU, I'll just disconnect it as it was redundant and use only the grey unit.....

Any other tips/infos about the intended mods would be appreciated as well.

BRgds,

Romain / F8DSI

W5KCM
07-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Hello Romain / F8DSI
I was refering to the manufacturer, Skanti Radio in Denmark. I believe they have sold out to SP Radio in Holland. Seems like someone said that Thrane & Thrane now own SP Radio? Anyway it is some confusing. Sorry to hear about having trouble with the control. You may want to try and replace the backup battery and give it a try. Seems like it was a 3.6 volt lithium type. It has been 10+ years since I have worked on the Skanti radios so I am very rusty:(.
Possibly someone else may have some ideas. Good thing you have the spare controller.
73, Randy, w5kcm

F8DSI
07-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi Randy,

TNX for your reply http://forums.qrz.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

The CU is now back in operation; battery had to be replaced in that CU (you're not that rusty....;)). It was what I intended to do eventually, as there was no real need to use that XCVR and a spare CU was available, but your answer accelerated the process.......
When it came to clear the GUARD bit after that battery replacement, I could'nt get anything on the display, and no 2nd function could be accessed....... I started to feel a bit puzzled about that new trouble:confused:, until I noticed that the dimmer control was set to the minimum!!:o

I think that for the time being, I am not going to put too much money in the hardware mods that are required to get a fully operational Ham XCVR; as stated in a previous post, I'd be satisfied if I could add at least the LSB mode, and possibly connect a key and work in CW. So the next step will be to get an adequate PROM.

Romain

F8DSI
09-04-2010, 07:17 PM
The case of my XCVR can be considered as closed so far, as I am now able to work on the main ham bands, and in all modes, after reburning the config EPROM in one of the CU (only 4 or 5 parameters had to be changed to achieve that mod...).

As stated by mw6abp in one of his posts, the missing modes key are present below the membrane, and can be used normally now; just need a label to be put on it (which is the easy part - no need to change the membrane!)

I'd like to thank W5KCM and MW6ABP who spent a little of their time to share their knowledge. Much appreciated .

All the best,

Romain / F8DSI

KD7HVL
09-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Hello : I stumbled upon this group while looking for parts for a Skanti R5000. does anyone know of where I can go to find any parts for this radio. I am missing the 206 audio board which also has all the frequency referance for the whole 5000 system on it. No board no system, simple as that. Any one be able to help I would apreciate it. KD7HVL Frank emali good on QRZ

W5KCM
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Glad to hear you got your Skanti all up and going well. If I come across one of those full function membranes, I will contact you. It looks like 15 meters is doing pretty good again. I have been able to work into Europe in the mornings, usually on PSK31 (21.070). If you have that capability, look for me in the evenings your time. 73, Randy, w5kcm (Skanti TRP-8250).

F8DSI
10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello Randy,

Tnx for your kind proposal about the membrane; feel free to contact me again should you find one eventually, but note that there is no real need for it to be replaced as I could manage a 'new labeling', as you can see in the attachment....

Regarding the proposed QSO, I've got to confess that I am not a very active OM :o; I am rather new in the ham activity, in spite of my age an my former job in the comms (Navy). Anyway, I'll give it a try.......

73 / Romain - F8DSI

OZ1KKR
11-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Hello Roman
have you knowledge how to modificate this Radio for transmitting
on ham bands ?
73s Fred OZ1KKR / EA8AYT
adeubler@hotmail.com

F8DSI
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Fred,

Regarding the modification that I could manage on my TRP 8401D, all I had to do to get it working on most of the HAM bands was to modify some data in IC16, the configuration EPROM located in the Control Unit. I did this with the help of a friend who owns an EPROM burner. No way to do it without such a device, of course....

Following bytes have been changed in the Special System Parameters:
(all Hexadecimal values)
FFE = A5 (free TX frequencies)**
FFC = 04 (enable 500, CW, MCW, filter and BFO keys)**
FF4 = 06 (enable TX in LSB mode)**
** These are the main changes that are required for HAM use.

Following data were altered for convenience only.
FF9 = C3 (disable 500, 2182 and alarm keys)
FF5 = D2 (enable fast & slow ACG)
FF3 = 02 (enable H3E mode)

Note that TX on the 10, 17 and 30 meter bands is unfortunately still restricted. I guess this is probably set in the program chip, due to the PA filters that are not suitable for these bands. I didn't really care about it as the present status of my equipment is fine for me.

I hope this will help you or other OM's to adapt their equipment.

Best 73

Romain / F8DSI

W5KCM
12-30-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIa0fHc0-OY

UR5KDX
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
hello to all!
I want to purchase Skanti Trp-8258 or Trp 8750,8770.
Now is it real and the cost of such radio is which??

73! Paul ut1ky
Rivne,Ukraine

ut1ky@ukr.net

KY5U
01-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I am looking to start a SKANTI Radio owners discussion group for anyone owning a SKANTI system.

Anyone interested?
I think they make better ladies underpants. Who doesn't like women who are SKANTI-ly dressed?

ON4BL
02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello,
Skanti radio is not a part of Sailor radio!
Skanti makes radio for: SAIT; Furuno; Plessey; Debeg (fam.Sailor)ect.
Look for Skanti (TRP 8OOO) you should see how manny different lay-out labels are put on the transceiver.
73 de ON4BL Leon

Hello.

True, but the exact same radio may be under several brands.
SKANTI is Sailor radio as well as GE maritime mobile products, all the same radio except for labeling and perhaps a minor change in connectors and markings.
And, unlike most radios, marine radios were built for ease of service as well as reliability.
So, a shop that worked on Apelco could just as easily work on a SKANTI.
I am not saying to cover other radios, just the same radios under all of the brands.
And, to make this clear, GM marine radios are unlike all other GE radio products by far, they were not even made by GE.

W5AZ
03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have good contact info for Dick Garrett, WA5CHK..?
I'd like to see what conversions and/or upgrades he can offer for my Skanti.

Tks & 73,

Dave Santoro
W6BTS

Dick's cell number is2818400537 73 Gordy W5AZ

W5AZ
03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Dick's cell number is 281-840-03557 73 Gordy W5AZ

W5KCM
05-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I recently made some upgrades to my Skanti TRP-8250 system. I posted some photos on my Yahoo Flickr site. Here is the link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wb5kcm/sets/72157594523189590/
Here is a photo of my Skanti control unit. One of the carpenters at work made me a wooden box or frame(for exchange for a little computer work) to put the control unit inside. This worked well. I can now stand the control unit up vertically and press the keys without having to hold it. Putting it into this box required remoting the mic, key and headphone jacks outside to a small bud box. This can be seen in the photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wb5kcm/5638543544/
Some of the other photos on Flickr show how I mounted the Skanti antenna tuner outside under my patio cover. It seems to work fairly well on all bands. The antenna is only about 40 ft long and is too close to my tower. It is not too good on the lower frequencies. :o
73, Randy, w5kcm

W5KCM
05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
For some reason my photo did not show in my last post. Here it is here.
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/w5kcm/Skanti_Control_5.jpg
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/w5kcm/Skanti_Control_4.jpg
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/w5kcm/Skanti_Control_3.jpg
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp241/w5kcm/Skanti_Control_2.jpg

ON4BL
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
HI,

Is there a "Skanti" users group?
I have one TRP 8750 and one TRP 8250.
The 8750 have a problem with pll interference in the audio, and the small one, after a minut no audio, 2 seconds later verry noisy 150- 170hz in the audio. Is there some body who can help me?

73 de ON4BL Leon

W5KCM
05-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Hello Leon, ON4BL. It is great that you have a couple nice Skanti systems there. It sounds like you may have some problems with both of them. Possibly, you could try using some of the boards and modules from one of the Skanti's to repair the other one. Even though they are different models they will have some common components. Or at least maybe isolate it down to one of the PC boards or module. You may want to drop and email to Dick, WA5CHK in Houston, Texas. He has worked on the Skanti 8000 series for many years and has a lot of parts. Possibly, he will have some suggestions for you. Dick's email address is: RHG1003 (at) aol.com
Hopefully he can help you. Good luck with that and let us know what you find. 73, Randy, w5kcm

W5KCM
05-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello to the Group.
I am looking for a couple of parts for the Skanti TRP-8000 series.
1. The full frequency coverage PA Filters unit type 629.
2. The small Squelch PCB type 602.
If you have both or either of these (lets make a deal) please drop me an email: w5kcm (at) arrl.net
:)
Thank you, Randy, w5kcm

G7TAS
05-28-2011, 07:38 PM
thanks to all for thread picking trp 8250 up this sunday looking forward to play, and the ideas in pics supply helps with some ideas
did any one start a yahoo group

regards ray g7tas

W5KCM
05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Ray, check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skantiradio/

Join and leave a message photos anything that may be of interest to the group.
73, Randy, w5kcm

W5KCM
05-29-2011, 02:54 PM
All are welcome to join the Skanti Radio Yahoo Group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SkantiRadio/

73, Randy, w5kcm

ad: AC6LA-1