PDA

View Full Version : MIXW USERS

N7SSB
07-27-2007, 12:30 AM
a little issue with the color waterfall.
i cannot seem to be able to get the signal color different than the little small bandwidths of specals of green, the
actual signal is same color as the specs of green,
i have changed in the water palat the colors but what ever color i select also is the color of the signal unless the signal changes color accordingly to strength which i have not seen for band conditions are bad.
any advice on this issue or e mail me your file if there is one that will change this to be able to distinguis a little better will be thankful.

jerry e-mail: N7SSB@MSN.COM

AG3Y
07-27-2007, 02:42 AM
It's been a while since I've played with MixW, but I seem to remember that the color can be changed with the palette file to just about anything you want to see.

However, I have to ask about the level of audio you are feeding your soundcard. If it is not high enough, the palette is going to only register about the same color as the various background "speckles". The color of the waterfall depends a lot on the signal to noise floor levels. So if you are not putting enough audio into your soundcard, or you do not have the gain up high enough, that could be the reason you are not seeing a vari-color waterfall!

Maybe this helps! Good luck, and 73, Jim

N7SSB
07-27-2007, 02:53 AM
THANKS JIM

i think you are right now that i think about it.
take care and thnx again..

jerry

ad: dxeng