PDA

View Full Version : Elmers

10-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Post the calls of the Elmers who helped you and are still helping you the most...Then take time to appreciate what they have done in this great hobby. Mine are....

WD0FHK

KC0BS

KI4QHM
10-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I have too many elmers to list on here but in all i have about 15 thru out my ham radio expericence right know.

KB1LQD
10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
w1xh
w1dog

Thats who I thought of at the moment!

KC0TLH
10-11-2006, 08:44 PM
These are my Elmers in Chronological order:
W0RJR
KE4LQW
K0IVK:)

KG4YUV
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
KB2SEO
WI4L

VE6WTF
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
VE6NHZ
VE6BRV
VE6TVK
VE6PC
VE6LDS
VE5NB
VA6HGS

Thats not all

N2NH
10-11-2006, 11:00 PM
WA2NDA
WA2RAH (SK)
KB2EA
S. Williams (Callsign expired)

N2RJ
10-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Quote[/b] (n2nh @ Oct. 11 2006,18:00)]WA2NDA
WA2RAH (SK)
KB2EA
S. Williams (Callsign expired)
KB2EA? Harvey?

Really?

He's from the KCRA. I think I did the last VE session with him. I have to check but I think he signed my CSCE in 2001.

That club is really nice. Only thing is I wish they were closer. They will really elmer you in good old fashioned Brooklyn style.

Anyway back to the topic, has anyone here been elmered by teachers at their school? I got into the hobby thanks to one of my HS teachers - Mr. Anthony Lee-Mack, 9Y4AL. He was my English teacher (Language and Literature). We still keep in touch and I am currently helping him with getting some ham radio projects at the school started.

WA2ZDY
10-29-2006, 05:02 PM
W2OJJ (sk)
K2TL
K2MV

K5BTP
11-21-2006, 06:37 PM
KB5DM / W5CBD (SK)

W5QIX (SK)

KC9KJW
12-16-2006, 04:14 AM
My Elmers are:

KC9EOQ

N9CHA

M3WLY
01-05-2007, 06:42 PM
M0PAV

KB1OBC
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
My Elmer is K1GAX

KE5FIX
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
WQ0B, KE5CDK, KC5KVF, N5VO
Thats all I can think of right now.

VA3SAX
01-07-2007, 01:24 AM
VA3VKK
VA3NFA
VE3CVG
VE3MY
VE3XK
and others unlisted

VE6WTF
01-07-2007, 07:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to Bruce, The club presidents article in the emitter:

I think that having a single "Elmer" in the club for an individual new ham, Is not a really big deal. I have no "Elmer" What I have is peers, willing to teach me how to do things and help me out every now and then. This is all that is needed. And it provides a wide variety of knowledge, As instead of just "Bob" helping me out. The whole community of hams is!
Without the help of alot of the hams in the edmonton region I would not be where i am today, Infact if it werent for the club, Perry, and others I wouldnt be a ham! I have been helped along so much. The environment we have now may not be very youth oriented, But it does have the bright sides.

So I disagree with what bruce is calling for, Which is a new program for mentoring newe amateur radio operators. What new hams need in the form of guidence is already there. What some new hams need is a direction to go, And some equipment to get them where they want to be.

In the article the idea of the plug and play era of amateur radio was thrown around. Really the bigger issue is specialization. There are so many different aspects of the hobby, there is no one person to turn to for really really good advice on everything! So if it is decided that a mentorship program is a good idea, The criteria for it must be thrown out there first.
What kind of mentorship are we talking? will the New ham be limited to one mentor? These are just a few of the questions that arose from the article on page two of the emitter.

And in the article it was said that narc would be soon experimenting with Pactor, Why dont we just finish the projects we started??
what happened to the ATV repeater??

To be interested in the program, we have to have a basic structure,
But in my opinion it is not needed. we have what we need. Just going to a club activity supply's a wealth of knowledge. and as for the rest, I have learned by watching, David VE6BRV has been fundamental in the operation of my station, and alot of the stuff I learned on the job. I will be able to put to valuable use. VE6SRV, I would not have half the station I have now if you didnt take time outta your day to drop by? V01PRP I wouldnt have gotten my ticket if you hadn't shown up! It is no one person, the only mentorship we need is good role models and kind gestures.

Anyway thats my 0.002 cents, not dollars!!!
___
73 DE CG6WTF,

"Transmit your passion, Liberate the spirit"

W8LBO
01-31-2007, 05:44 PM
WN1B definitely comes to mind right off. Very smart ham and really helpful.

KL7AJ
01-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Quote[/b] (kc0vvu @ Oct. 08 2006,05:10)]Post the calls of the Elmers who helped you and are still helping you the most...Then take time to appreciate what they have done in this great hobby. Mine are....

WD0FHK #

KC0BS
W6WTU. WB6ZUF, WA6DJI, KL7AM (SK)

W8LBO
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM
LOL, how is R.F. radiation good for you?

KE5MAK
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
my elmer is KG4FMQ http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

VA7AAX
02-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Quote[/b] (ve6wtf @ Jan. 07 2007,00:09)]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to Bruce, The club presidents article in the emitter:

I think that having a single "Elmer" in the club for an individual new ham, Is not a really big deal. I have no "Elmer" What I have is peers, willing to teach me how to do things and help me out every now and then. This is all that is needed. And it provides a wide variety of knowledge, As instead of just "Bob" helping me out. The whole community of hams is!
Without the help of alot of the hams in the edmonton region I would not be where i am today, Infact if it werent for the club, Perry, and others I wouldnt be a ham! I have been helped along so much. The environment we have now may not be very youth oriented, But it does have the bright sides.

So I disagree with what bruce is calling for, Which is a new program for mentoring newe amateur radio operators. What new hams need in the form of guidence is already there. What some new hams need is a direction to go, And some equipment to get them where they want to be.

In the article the idea of the plug and play era of amateur radio was thrown around. Really the bigger issue is specialization. There are so many different aspects of the hobby, there is no one person to turn to for really really good advice on everything! So if it is decided that a mentorship program is a good idea, The criteria for it must be thrown out there first.
What kind of mentorship are we talking? will the New ham be limited to one mentor? These are just a few of the questions that arose from the article on page two of the emitter.

And in the article it was said that narc would be soon experimenting with Pactor, Why dont we just finish the projects we started??
what happened to the ATV repeater??

To be interested in the program, we have to have a basic structure,
But in my opinion it is not needed. we have what we need. Just going to a club activity supply's a wealth of knowledge. and as for the rest, I have learned by watching, David VE6BRV has been fundamental in the operation of my station, and alot of the stuff I learned on the job. I will be able to put to valuable use. VE6SRV, I would not have half the station I have now if you didnt take time outta your day to drop by? V01PRP I wouldnt have gotten my ticket if you hadn't shown up! It is no one person, the only mentorship we need is good role models and kind gestures.

Anyway thats my 0.002 cents, not dollars!!!
___
73 DE CG6WTF,

"Transmit your passion, Liberate the spirit"
i agree. all the amateurs at my club help me in someway or the other and i appreciate it

KB1MZB
02-21-2007, 08:08 AM
My "ELMERS" are WB1EHD - Dennis and AB1FC - ALEX From Western Mass.

"You absolutely couldn't find a better pair of guys on the whole planet than these 2"

73's

Josh
KB1MZB

ad: k1jek