12-16-2011 until 01-17-2015
There have been an increasing number of SCAM reports on our Online Swapmeet.
Most losses can be avoided by sticking to a few simple principles:
1. Never deal with anyone who isn't listed in the QRZ Callsign Database
2. Never deal with anyone who wants to send you a check that is in excess of the amount of the sale. RED FLAG ALERT
3. Never use Western Union or MoneyGram to send money - these offer no recourse, refunds, or protection.
4. Don't sell to non-hams
5. Do not send money to non-hams
6. Ask for references, i.e. other hams who will vouch for the person
7. Be extremely wary of shipping overseas.
8. Do not send money overseas unless the recipient is thoroughly vetted.